Crucial Tactical Tracers with X79

Millennium Force

Okay so the title says it all i have 2 dual channel kits of ddr3 1600mhz Tactical tracers timings 8-8-8-24 and with all 4 dims installed my system will not post, it actually gives me a CPU led, on my Asus x79 Sabertooth, which has the latest bios. Ive been trying everything I could think of to get it to work if someone would please help me that would be awesome. My cpu is a 3970X and if im leaving anything out needed to be known so you can help me please say so!

buying 2 kits sometimes does not work. sometimes you need a quad pack, you cant just like throw 4 sticks of ram from different dual channel packs all into one system, it just dont work. Usually 2 dual kits work together, but sometimes not. especially if you for example, bought one kit , then like 3 years later bought the other two, probably the manufacturer changed the architecture of the ram.

but if u bought a quad it would work

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

^^ what he say

X79 needs a quad channel RAM kit to work

you mentioned the mobo LED say CPU error

have you touch the CPU before?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Yes, I have reseated it and done the runaround it works perfectly when it gets into Windows and I now have a quad channel ram kit so it will hit xpm and be just fine. But if I turn it off, and reboot within 20 mins it will give me the cpu led error again and after I power cycle it a few times or wait longer than 20 mins it will post and say overclocking failed and kick me to the bios. This is with everything stock other than xmp