Heaven Society - Week 10 (Cowboy Bebop & Can't Be a Hero)

JLCitadel

speaking of dubs, FMA brotherhood. Was surprised how good it was.

same cast as FMA mius one or two people if I recall

Hmm never looked at it that way. I can think of quite a few dubs from that era I guess. I think I just associate it with the exceptionally bad ones from that time period though.

I mean there was just more anime being licensed as besides have bigger budgets there were three more licensing studio's. Two of them being quite large, Geneon and Bandai. Also back then nearly everything got dubbed so there was likely a shortage of good actors. Think about it this way how man anime each season in japan are actually good enough to take notice.

I mean there was just more anime being licensed as besides have bigger budgets there were three more licensing studio's. Two of them being quite large, Geneon and Bandai. Also back then nearly everything got dubbed so there was likely a shortage of good actors. Think about it this way how man anime each season in japan are actually good enough to take notice.

well if they stopped fucking up the dubs there could be more... i don't really care just felt like saying it lol

well if they stopped fucking up the dubs there could be more... i don't really care just felt like saying it lol

Thats not necessarily the case and a wider reaching main stream title could make more than say three niche title possibly.

Dubs are still vital in bringing in new viewership but that doesent mean they should be on everything if you know what I mean. But I think studio's are starting to learn that now. Part of the issue is the still the us assistance that expects an entire anime for $20-30. This is also a bit of funimation trying to hit new audiences with low cost.

Thats not necessarily the case and a wider reaching main stream title could make more than say three niche title possibly.

Dubs are still vital in bringing in new viewership but that doesent mean they should be on everything if you know what I mean. But I think studio's are starting to learn that now. Part of the issue is the still the us assistance that expects an entire anime for $20-30. This is also a bit of funimation trying to hit new audiences with low cost.

well there is a reason i don't buy much anime but i seem to recall paying $15 on sale for a dvd with 4 episodes of an anime.

well there is a reason i don't buy much anime but i seem to recall paying $15 on sale for a dvd with 4 episodes of an anime.

yea sounds about right. you can get whole collections now for what you used to pay for a disc maybe two.

yea sounds about right. you can get whole collections now for what you used to pay for a disc maybe two.

And then on the other end of the spectrum, there's Aniplex and its ten-dollars-per-episode DVD pricing.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

So...Cowboy Bebop a series that I didn't have much interest in.

I got through the first 5 minute of the series before concluding that it wasn't for me, The pacing was slow the dub wasn't particularly good the theme was bombastic and far too long so I shut it off. I gave it a second chance later that night and I have mixed feelings towards it, I've heard of Cowboy bebop for years and loads of people say it's one of thier favorite series so I went in with reasonably high expectations so I didn't find the characters to be particularly impressive, the dubbing ended up being ok, it had some visually and musically interesting scenes but it falls comfortable into "OK" it's not bad but it's not great but it's also something I could watch 20 times and still enjoy and I don't know why, it's like the movie "The Royal Tenenbaums" it's not a great movie and I absolutely understand why people don't like it, I don't even know if I like it but I could watch it 20 times and not be tired of it.

Now, I can get how amazing this would have been in 1998 but for me it shows it's age, it's aged better than alot of things it's age but it's still written very 1990, The episode heavy metal queen in particular and I hate Edaward, I want someone to out a bullet in her.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

So...Cowboy Bebop a series that I didn't have much interest in.

I got through the first 5 minute of the series before concluding that it wasn't for me, The pacing was slow the dub wasn't particularly good the theme was bombastic and far too long so I shut it off. I gave it a second chance later that night and I have mixed feelings towards it, I've heard of Cowboy bebop for years and loads of people say it's one of thier favorite series so I went in with reasonably high expectations so I didn't find the characters to be particularly impressive, the dubbing ended up being ok, it had some visually and musically interesting scenes but it falls comfortable into "OK" it's not bad but it's not great but it's also something I could watch 20 times and still enjoy and I don't know why, it's like the movie "The Royal Tenenbaums" it's not a great movie and I absolutely understand why people don't like it, I don't even know if I like it but I could watch it 20 times and not be tired of it.

Now, I can get how amazing this would have been in 1998 but for me it shows it's age, it's aged better than alot of things it's age but it's still written very 1990, The episode heavy metal queen in particular and I hate Edaward, I want someone to out a bullet in her.

Wut

Not sure if troll or just have the very different taste as most people..

Wut

I agree with him, Cowboy Bebop is OK. I've watched it & it's good, but not amazing. I also find that little kid annoying as hell. If it were the 1990s I might've liked it a lot more.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with him, Cowboy Bebop is OK. I've watched it & it's good, but not amazing. I also find that little kid annoying as hell. If it were the 1990s I might've liked it a lot more.

I watched it about a year ago and I liked it..

Meh it isn't worth fighting over.

On a side note I finished Can't Be A Hero. (not counting the OVA) 

I thought it was a decent show.

Wut

HAHAHAHA I don't think I was too critical, it's good and has a few really good scenes and I could watch multiple times but I also think that it might be a little too well loved and viewed through nostalgia goggles.

I watched it about a year ago and I liked it..

Meh it isn't worth fighting over.

On a side note I finished Can't Be A Hero. (not counting the OVA) 

I thought it was a decent show.

we're not saying we don't like it, we just don't live it.

amirite?@RainColt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wert? Bebop is a classic there are very few modern anime that get up to its level. The fight sceenes are gorgeous and fluid and the music pairs with everything perfectly. heck even the dub is decent.

Oh and Ed is the shit. My other avatar:

edward_wong_hau_pepulu_tivrusky_iv___cow

Wert? Bebop is a classic there are very few modern anime that get up to its level. The fight sceenes are gorgeous and fluid and the music pairs with everything perfectly. heck even the dub is decent.

Agreeed how can you not like her

Not a big fan of too many 'ditsy' or 'over the top goofy' anime characters

Even in my favorite anime people like that aren't to my liking.

(ex. I hate episodes of one piece where it's just ridiculously stupid shit but love fight scenes and adventure and plot / character development. )

For example last couple episodes of one piece I skipped all the scenes that weren't in the tournament or following the navy/don or warlords. because I don't care and dislike usopp and chopper and scenes like that

Warning: Horrible at spelling.

Not a big fan of too many 'ditsy' or 'over the top goofy' anime characters

Even in my favorite anime people like that aren't to my liking.

(ex. I hate episodes of one piece where it's just ridiculously stupid shit but love fight scenes and adventure and plot / character development. )

For example last couple episodes of one piece I skipped all the scenes that weren't in the tournament or following the navy/don or warlords. because I don't care and dislike usopp and chopper and scenes like that

Warning: Horrible at spelling.

So you hate filler which is what things likeone piece, bleach and fair tail are made of just to name a few. These are all shounen jump anime so its not at surprising based on the audience they target.

I have a feeling your not going to like most of the anime that I consider to be over the top good then.

Agreeed how can you not like her

Betamax and chess episode

So you hate filler which is what things likeone piece, bleach and fair tail are made of just to name a few. These are all shounen jump anime so its not at surprising based on the audience they target.

I have a feeling your not going to like most of the anime that I consider to be over the top good then.

I enjoy it occasionally like what naruto did, it made it more cohesive with it. (sometimes) like going to eat ramen or having a slow episode, but not random goofy fights full of shit like the painting woman from onepiece

I enjoy it occasionally like what naruto did, it made it more cohesive with it. (sometimes) like going to eat ramen or having a slow episode, but not random goofy fights full of shit like the painting woman from onepiece

I though goofy was the point of one piece

I don't even really like it in Naruto because they will be like ok now the fight its starting so lets go back a few hundred years and look at what happened in the past for the next 5 weeks. it is good back story and all but i just wish they timed it not in the middle of what you want to see the next part of.

I also never really started watching one piece i have just seen a few episodes 

I've admittedly only watched 11 episodes but as is she repulses me. I enjoyed the group dynamic of spike ,jet, faye and the dog and find Faye genuinely amusing but Ed is just well I find her obnoxious. Also I can't recall any fight scenes that blew me away and the music is quite jarring but does works quite well.

I've admittedly only watched 11 episodes but as is she repulses me. I enjoyed the group dynamic of spike ,jet, faye and the dog and find Faye genuinely amusing but Ed is just well I find her obnoxious. Also I can't recall any fight scenes that blew me away and the music is quite jarring but does works quite well.

*psst, watch more*

• 4 months later...

*psst, watch more*

I've just watched more and the problems I had with it are forgotten, but now I have completely new problems, i started back up where I left off with "Jupiter jazz" and i hated it, everything just feels like it's trying too hard to have meaning and just failing, the dialogue is unnecessarily cryptic with people saying shit like "I am both at once and neither one" and "a snake cannot eat a dragon", it's awful. The music doesn't bother me anymore and the animation is nice except it has too many artsy images that feels like the director is just begging to have someone ask him what it means. It just seems to have its head up its own ass.

And what's with the episode titles, why use song titles completely unrelated to the content of the episode, heavy metal queen was a bad episode but at least it's title fit what's with Bohemian rhapsody is an episode about a many years old forgotten spite and chess, and the song is committing suicide, i understand that the episodes are all themed with songs but why this episode with this song? I'm sorry but this is hailed as a great series but it's genuinely awful.

I agree