Is 500w enough for my build?

Hello people, i was just wondering if a 500w psu is enough for my build. My pc is going to have a sapphire r9 270 dual-x, fx-6300, 1x8gb(probably would get another dem in the future) 1600 mhz cl10 ram, x2 120mm and x1 140mm case fans and a micro atx am3+ mobo. Btw, the psu is a 500w evga 80plus certified psu. Thanks. 

yes, but you'll need to upgrade if you want to XFIRE.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

with your current setup 

no worries

multi gpu setups is when you need to upgrade PSU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

See for yourself: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp . Use that wattage calulator to determine if you'll have enough.

Without doing that however, 500w should be fine. My setup is nearly identical to yours, with a 500w powering mine. I wouldn't mind switching to 600 sometime so i can run xfire but for now, 500 is just fine.

BTW, what aboud hard drives?

I am whatever I am. 

I always like to give enough space to add another card of the same model, cause you may save $20-30, but then you have to buy another complete power supply and you've just thrown $50-80 out of your window.

I'd probably go for something like a 700-750w PSU as in-future, them 270s will be going cheap in a year or so and they will still be awesome in crossfire.

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

See for yourself: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp . Use that wattage calulator to determine if you'll have enough.

Without doing that however, 500w should be fine. My setup is nearly identical to yours, with a 500w powering mine. I wouldn't mind switching to 600 sometime so i can run xfire but for now, 500 is just fine.

BTW, what aboud hard drives?

Im going to be using a 500gb laptop hard drive that i have and then ill upgrade to a 2tb cavair black in the future.

Im going to be using a 500gb laptop hard drive that i have and then ill upgrade to a 2tb cavair black in the future.

Sorry for late reply, been busy moving into a new place. You've probably already gotten a PSU by this point. But with that hard drive, and including your future upgrade, you should be just fine @500w. I run 2 HDDs and an SSD off of my 500w. Thats about all I can run right now until I upgrade.

I am whatever I am.