AMD equivalent for GTX 750 Ti

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by CoolBeans,

265, but what is your budget for the entire build?

Hello,

I plan on building a computer with an Intel Pentium G3258 (which I will overclock to 4.7GHz) and an Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti and I'm wondering what would be the AMD equivalent for that card, in case I go that way. Also, what would be AMD equivalent for the GeForce Experience (it sounds stupid, but I don't know s**t about AMD cards).

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Just go with the 750Ti. It has more features and runs cooler than any other card in it's price range.

r7 265, but you could get a 270x for the price 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

R7 265 (down clocked 270)

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

265, but what is your budget for the entire build?

900 euros, including Windows 8.1 OEM. Here's the PCPartPicker list http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Speedbird/saved/ZdDJ7P

Just go with the 750Ti. It has more features and runs cooler than any other card in it's price range.

I need to know the AMD equivalent in case I go for an option to add another card in the future (the board supports CrossFireX but not SLI and I'm not changing that).

900 euros, including Windows 8.1 OEM. Here's the PCPartPicker list http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Speedbird/saved/ZdDJ7P

I need to know the AMD equivalent in case I go for an option to add another card in the future (the board supports CrossFireX but not SLI and I'm not changing that).

Well you can't sli the 750.

The AMD R7 265 would be the equivalent (it's actually a bit better performing). However if you add another couple of bucks, you can get a R9 270 ($155 on Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202090&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= ) It's really worth it.

btw, you can't know for sure how a CPU will OC, stating that you will achieve stable 4.7ghz depends on a lot of things, every CPU is different.

You can get a much better build for that price, also you are using the US pcpartpicker http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/dVymFT

r7 265, but you could get a 270x for the price 

You can find R9 280s for the price of higher priced 270Xs. 

With an overclock you can get stock R9 280X performance out of it making it the moderate budget gamers choice for GPUs.

From Newegg.com

270X Range from 159 w/rebate to 249(some are higher priced but they are all Sapphire)

R9 280 Range from 199 w/rebate to 289.

You can also buy a 280X for 289 w/rebate.

I'd buy a R9 280 for 200 dollars and OC it and make it perform the same as a 300 dollar GPU. 

270X.

The Radeon Experience (lol)

They're all different softwares (eyefinity, their shadowplay equivalent). I don't remember what it's called.

Eyefinity = Surround

You're talking about GameDVR

The OP lives in a European country hence the euros. He can't use newegg. Rebates are a US thing I think and pricing can vary in different countries so it's best for him to look up the prices where he lives.

You can get a much better build for that price, also you are using the US pcpartpicker http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/dVymFT

Rules for my build:

1. I will use the Pentium G3258

2. I will overclock. No stock coolers!

3. I will use my spare WD Green drive for storage.

4. I will use an SSD with at least 250 GB storage.

5. Gigabyte boards are preferred.

The OP lives in a European country hence the euros. He can't use newegg. Rebates are a US thing I think and pricing can vary in different countries so it's best for him to look up the prices where he lives.

There's a computer store near my home and I will order all of my parts from there. That's also where I get all the prices. Also, what benefit do I get by using the German PCPartPicker? I do not get my prices from there, I check the site for my computer store.

Rules for my build:

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/sFh6qs a 8320 is better than a G3258

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YTxLwP

You missed rule number 3.

A few more things:

I need an optical drive. I have a bunch of software on DVDs.

I also need an SD card reader (should've mentioned that in the part description)

I have heard some about some issues where SeaSonic PSUs wouldn't fit into Corsair cases. Also, the Corsair 200R is a lot better and a few euros cheaper.

The fact that I asked for an AMD equivalent of the GTX750 Ti means that I want to use it or the R7 265.

I saw a 280 on newegg for $199

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Rules for my build:

There's a computer store near my home and I will order all of my parts from there. That's also where I get all the prices. Also, what benefit do I get by using the German PCPartPicker? I do not get my prices from there, I check the site for my computer store.

You can make sure you've got all the parts you need. Personally, I don't use PCpartpicker personally it's not really needed.