How do I reset or return my windows 8 PC back to factory settings?

Youbetternot

I'm wondering how does one reset or return a windows 8 PC back to factory settings?

Pretty dumb question but yea

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Corner menu > Settings > Change PC settings > Update and Restore > Restore factory defaults and reinstall Windows.

(sort of)

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Corner menu > Settings > Change PC settings > Update and Restore > Restore factory defaults and reinstall Windows.

You beat me. :(

(sort of)

I see but it says "Insert Media Some files are missing. Your windows installation or recovery medial will provide these files"

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I see but it says "Insert Media Some files are missing. Your windows installation or recovery medial will provide these files"

Try creating a bootable Win8 installer drive (I think either USB or DVD would work), insert it and try again.

Try creating a bootable Win8 installer drive (I think either USB or DVD would work), insert it and try again.

How do I do that and btw I don't have my product key, all I have is a windows 8 disk thing 

How do I do that and btw I don't have my product key, all I have is a windows 8 disk thing 

Is it a pre-build computer (like a Dell, Hp, Acer, Lenovo, etc..) or custom build?

Is it a pre-build computer (like a Dell, Hp, Acer, Lenovo, etc..) or custom build?

Pre-build Maingear 

Pre-build Maingear 

Ok, in your case, the Windows 8 product key is in the BIOS. Windows 8 will detect it once you install it.

Normally, Windows 8 image is on the system, but I guess in your case they made it on a disk. Insert the disk, and follow the instructions of the setup, if any. If none exists, then follow the step mention on how to reset the system, and Window should read the disk automatically and it should recover successfully.

Ok, in your case, the Windows 8 product key is in the BIOS. Windows 8 will detect it once you install it.

Normally, Windows 8 image is on the system, but I guess in your case they made it on a disk. Insert the disk, and follow the instructions of the setup, if any. If none exists, then follow the step mention on how to reset the system, and Window should read the disk automatically and it should recover successfully.

Hmm speaking of a disk I do have a windows 8 disk. Btw my windows is 8.1 maybe thats the problem?

Ok so I inserted the disk and this post-32324-0-23160000-1404607254.jpg then after the green bar is done, it just disappears and nothing what do I do now?

post-32324-0-23160000-1404607254.jpg

Ok so I inserted the disk and this attachicon.gifbandicam 2014-07-05 20-39-24-194.jpg then after the green bar is done, it just disappears and nothing what do I do now?

Does the recovery thingy detect the drive?

Does the recovery thingy detect the drive?

Nope