Gaia Space Telescope Delayed Nine Months

The Gaia space telescope was delayed 9 months from launch due to technical problems, the space telescope featured a 1.5 Giga Pixel camera which could capture billions of stars at once, an attempt to map the galaxy, also the telescope's camera could see stars that are thousand's of times fainter. so a nine month delay from the launch which was scheduled in 2016,

read more at the original article in the link below

www.newscientist.com/space

just click on the space section then scroll down to latest news.

Personally I am very disappointed with the delay but it can be expected with such a massive project, tell me what you think about the thought of mapping the galaxy. 

post-101529-0-55802800-1404580634.jpg

post-101529-0-55802800-1404580634.jpg

9 months isn't much for space stuff. And it's nice that we will have a galaxy map but.. why? We can't get anywhere near that stuff anyway... And things that can destroy us are already found.

Oh well, it's nice to have these things probably?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I am waiting as patiently as I was before, because there is literally not a thing I can do to make it go faster.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

yes me too I'm waiting as patiently as possible but I'm not sure what they would use it for "the map" but I am sure they have some plan what to use it for maybe to find planets that could inhabit life and actually know exactly where it is in the galaxy that would be cool, in fact the whole thought of a galaxy being mapped is mind blowing.