It's gonna be a tight fit....

Sigmatech

Basically i am calling out for another owner of an Antec GX700..and whether or not there is anyone on the forums out there who owns this case and managed to fit a non-reference R9 290 inside it?

If there is anyone at all out there, lemme know...i wanna see if i can wish on a whim before i purchase a new GPu.

Cheers in advance.

the case looks pretty large don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

It depends which one you get as the max video card length supported by the GX700 is 11.5" (According to the website)

So, something like a TRI-X probably won't fit, but something like a Direct CUII or an MSI card will.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

It depends which one you get as the max video card length supported by the GX700 is 11.5" (According to the website)

So, something like a TRI-X probably won't fit, but something like a Direct CUII or an MSI card will.

Looking at these now sorta, but the DCU II gets kinda scary hot....and the MSI one is harder to get here in NZ (Added import costs bring it closer to 290X).

Kinda sucky that a TRI-X won't fit...the windforce one is .07 inches larger....but unsure if it'll fit.

Other option is Reference and then Watercool it...but then i am unsure of that then too.

Looking at these now sorta, but the DCU II gets kinda scary hot....and the MSI one is harder to get here in NZ (Added import costs bring it closer to 290X).

Kinda sucky that a TRI-X won't fit...the windforce one is .07 inches larger....but unsure if it'll fit.

Other option is Reference and then Watercool it...but then i am unsure of that then too.

There is always the option of modding the case, to remove part of the drive bay, but that might seem like too much work.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

There is always the option of modding the case, to remove part of the drive bay, but that might seem like too much work.

Thought of that too, but then i use 2x 2Tb and 2xSSDs. Other option is new case...and i ma unsure then

Thought of that too, but then i use 2x 2Tb and 2xSSDs. Other option is new case...and i ma unsure then

Well ssd's can be mounted anywhere, I wouldn't let hdd cages get in the way of my chosen gpu.