Help Quitting My First Job

JoshK

"just giving you a heads up that I'm quitting, is there any paper work I need to do?"

you're 14, she'll give you the tl;dr and explain it

ok thank you! Im going to do this tomorrow. Wish me luck :S

day 1: tell your boss that you like his smile

day 2: tell your boss that you like his hair

day 3: tell your boss that you like his laughter

keep doing this until he gets creeped out and fires you, it won't take longer than a week or two

-snip-

Do try to be civil guys.

ooo your boss is a girl. just give her a good dicking then tell her you're quiting. works every time.

I peed a little when I read this

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

day 1: tell your boss that you like his smile

day 2: tell your boss that you like his hair

day 3: tell your boss that you like his laughter

keep doing this until he gets creeped out and fires you, it won't take longer than a week or two

It is a woman...this will be really creepy.

I should be studying.

thank you. I am actually freaking out about this,

Good luck sir

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

thank you. I am actually freaking out about this,

Good luck!

I should be studying.

You're 14 and its mc donalds. Just call in ahead of time before you have to work next and tell em you quit. probably will want you to bring your stuff back to get your final check.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Life is waaaay too short to worry about this. Just tell them that you don't think the job is right for you anymore and you want to move on.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

ooo your boss is a girl. just give her a good dicking then tell her you're quiting. works every time.

The irony is that your avatar and member title fit as reactions to what you just typed.

As pretty much everyone said, just give a two weeks notice and talk to the manager. Don't screw around or light the store on fire despite how good for humanity that would be. On second thought, the fumes from one McDonald's will probably be enough to wipe out three continents. At any rate, just do your job well during the last two weeks and end off on a good note.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

just tell your boss you're putting in your 2 weeks notice and on your last day make sure to request your final paycheck.

be calm and courteous, last thing you wanna do is lose your shit.  then you'll be able to use it as a reference for your next job

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

what, you make it sound like it's bad advice.

You're not... helping. :lol:

http://jobsearch.about.com/od/resignationletters/a/twoweeksnotice.htm

if you want to use your boss as a reference when applying other places, you'll want to give them a 2 weeks notice

This.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Do not quit, you don't want to hurt the establishment.

Tell your boss the truth, you don't want to work there anymore, and you will stay the next 2 weeks working with them, that way then can get a replacement. Go ahead, be honest and responsible.

So  I am 14 and I work at McDonalds. It sucks. The money is nice to buy computer parts and stuff but I am so sick of working there I am wanting to quit. This is my first job so I dont know how to quit. Ive heard about 50 different ways of doing it but I dont know how to do it. I am super nervous about quitting but I know that it is time for me to find a new job that better suits me. Thanks guys I know this isnt Yahoo Answers but my parents were no help and neither was google. 

Serious answers only please

Write a quick note explaining that you are leaving.

Include a specific date in your note (taking into account your minimum notice period), and give it to your boss.

DONT just stop turning up, and dont slack off towards your final days/shifts.

Get a milkshake, spill it all over your self and start singing "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...". It's gonna definitely work.

Or you can get her makeup and put it in the frying oil.

Good luck! ;)

So do I do it in a letter? And yes I do have plans for a new job. I turn 15 in october and Ill be able to apply at Nike and I have already have applied at SkateDaze. And I have to work all this weekend and next weekend so do I put my notice in this weekend while I work? Do I just tell a manager? Letter? how do I put my 2 weeks in. My manager intimidates the hell out of me and thats the only thing really keeping me from not quitting at this point. 

Hello. First of all, congrats on having a real job being only 14 years old. Second, you do not want to resign by letter. If you are able to talk with your manager or someone from human resources or whoever is your direct superior, then you HAVE to do it face to face. Stuff like this is never easy, it takes courage to do it and your manager will respect you for it. We've all been through intimidating managers (I know I have) but it's part of growing up and also it will help you to learn how to approach these kind of situations.

My advice: 1) Be very clear: While you're at your house or somewhere where you are alone and are not bothered, write down EXACTLY why you don't want to be there anymore. It can be the long hours, the environment, the co-workers or simply because you need more time for school (if you go to school). Once you write it all down, practice saying it in front of a mirror or in front of your parents to boost your confidence. This will help you get ready for the real thing.

2) Be serious: You are an employee and as such you are expected to be serious. Having said that, don't try to joke around when talking to whoever you have to talk to resign. Go straight to the point and don't try to be funny or anything (not saying that you will be but I have heard of people doing that to "lower the tension"). Trust me, be honest and straight about it and you should be OK.

3) The notice: Like someone said earlier, when you choose to speak with the manager or human resources person or whoever, tell them this is your two weeks notice and that you would like to have them as a reference if you ever apply for a new job. This will help you in terms of working experience. Ask them to give it to you on paper, of course.

4) Saying "Thank you but....": This happened to a friend once and it was really awkward. I don't know how good of an employee you are but, chances are they will want to keep you and try to persuade you to stay. You will have to be firm and say: "I appreciate everything you and the company have offered me but I have made up my mind". Period. End of story. My friend changed his mind when he was resigning and he kept working there for 6 more months. All because he didn't have the guts to be firm and straightforward about this.

Final thoughts: Don't be afraid to ask your manager or Human Resources person or your direct superior the process for resigning correctly. Maybe you will have to write a resignation letter or something similar. Make sure you understand the protocol.

Final thoughts: I'm sorry for the long post and thank you for the patience. I hope some of this helps you with your task. Good luck! I wish you the best.