3D Operating System

JLCitadel

Is it possible?

Would you use it?

Here's my idea for how it might be done; I believe you should be able to create and avatar that's a representation of yourself, and use them to navigate through the OS, like a hall way with doors or images on the side, and you change change perspective from 3rd to 1st. You can move things around the walls, have live feeds of certain things going on, like microsoft's 'windows' on their phones, active feeds moving around, like a metro interface, but more visually appealing and in 3D, it would be useful in Oculus Rift.

That's just a quick short idea.

i'll put together a list of requirements or things that should be implemented.

Share your ideas and thoughts!

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

easy and speed of use is whats important, and that would be a pain in the ass

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Bringing back the maze screen saver with this would be awesome though.

Being limited to the fixed speed of an avatar that would need to reach a door right at the end of the corridor as opposed to just miving your cursor to it in a split second would render this impossible to use for serious work. And either way it would be just a cosmetic thing that loads your gpu for no reason, so I'm against it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What you're looking for is Second Life. http://www.secondlife.com/

Look me up: Tygron Teixeira, just remember to let me know where you found me cause I could block you if you're being an asshat out of the gate.

What? I'm talking about operating systems not games ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being limited to the fixed speed of an avatar that would need to reach a door right at the end of the corridor as opposed to just miving your cursor to it in a split second would render this impossible to use for serious work. And either way it would be just a cosmetic thing that loads your gpu for no reason, so I'm against it.

Alright so what if it was just an option?

I refuse to let you have options and freedoms, its my way or no way ;)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I wouldn't go as far as calling a game over an over glorified chat program. But outside of navigating your files on your PC and being able to change the settings you can do pretty much everything you said in SL. Surf the web, listen to music. Yep. It does a lot. Does none of it amazingly well. The concept is there, but it's not really worth it. I just get on cause I found some friends to talk to on there. Before then I was just using it to go to a club or two on there to listen to their music.

I was imaging more of Tom from toonami kind of thing

Is it possible?

Would you use it?

Here's my idea for how it might be done; I believe you should be able to create and avatar that's a representation of yourself, and use them to navigate through the OS, like a hall way with doors or images on the side, and you change change perspective from 3rd to 1st. You can move things around the walls, have live feeds of certain things going on, like microsoft's 'windows' on their phones, active feeds moving around, like a metro interface, but more visually appealing and in 3D, it would be useful in Oculus Rift.

That's just a quick short idea.

i'll put together a list of requirements or things that should be implemented.

Share your ideas and thoughts!

For PC, windows 7 is best as far as looks goes. 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

My PC NEEDS to be quick, snappy, and reliable. A no BS, no compromise type of machine. Tablet, laptop, and some phones occasions can even be some gimmicky. 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

What you're looking for is Second Life. http://www.secondlife.com/

Look me up: Tygron Teixeira, just remember to let me know where you found me cause I could block you if you're being an asshat out of the gate.

How is second life a game? If you actually remember companies got on and tried to sell you virtual crap to make money, more of a marketing failure than a game.

You are describing something like Tron (the movie). Remember, if you get to close to a transistor junction you'll get fried, and if you touch ground an a hot point you'll get fried again, remember nothing but current, as in electrons flowing around so unless you want to be an electron you're not going to get far.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

i thought you meant real 3d as in an os that is built inside a house will holographic images and sensor and a smart OS, much like Her, but without the falling in love bullshit

If it's harder than than slightly moving my mouse and clicking what I need it's not gonna take on :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

why not, but I wouldn't use it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'd use a 3D operating system if it was like the Operating System for the computers in Her. The way you made it sound though would be less than ideal to work with.