Razer screwing up their own customers in support?

Ralms
Go to solution Solved by Ralms,

Hi there,

to end all this movie lol, I reach out to you so anyone that reads this post in the future knows how it ended. Since I don't like to only talk bad of brands but just the truth. 

At June 20 I started talking to the normal support and today, 25 days later, after claims by Razer of system malfunction between other stuff, Razer finally came forth with their word. 

They claimed their warehouse of out of stock of Carcharias so they, as an exception, offered a promo code to use in their webstore which I accepted.

Today I finally received it.

Thank you guys for you all support in this extremely annoying situation.

Turns out Razer isnt that bad after all. 

I might be missing something, but why the FUCK would they require you having to cut your headphone wire?! And why the hell did you do it?

They want you to cut it so you cant use it again. Because the idea is for you to get your product replaced and not keep 2.

The reason I did cut the cable was for convenience but anyway its just a cable, so its not the end of the world.

And because I really liked that mouse I bought a new one :/

Well that was really stupid. Nerve go into a deal with someone that does not live up to their end of the deal. You were burnt once shame on them if you get burnt twice shame on you.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Well that was really stupid. Nerve go into a deal with someone that does not live up to their end of the deal. You were burnt once shame on them if you get burnt twice shame on you.

I get your point but if you have ever changed your mouse which is great to something else,it sucks and I didnt want to do that so I did what I did.

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

I get your point but if you have ever changed your mouse which is great to something else,it sucks and I didnt want to do that so I did what I did.

It is my philosophy in life to never get attached to worldly objects. I love my M90 and i can't see me using another mouse but if Corsair give me the shaft, in that very instant i would look for a new one yelling F*** YOU CORSAIR WIT YUH STINKING NASTY RANCID SAPPY....well you get the idea. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

All these companies that once made really awesome products are starting to neglect their main phylosophy "make quality products" - They all fell on the capitalist mindset "make money fast" at the cost of quality... That's a SHAME...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

I tried contacting BitFenix on my LED strips back in march, haven't heard from them since the 27th? of that much. They basically said "Fuck you" and walked away. So BitFenix can kiss my ass and go into bankruptcy, and I wouldn't give two shits.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Wow, I'm sorry OP. It seems like you were basically duped and by someone from Razer no less. This is enough to actually get me to steer away from their products. 

I wouldn't worry to much, I have a freind that burns through the razor headsets (about 1 a year) the cord usually develops a short. And they tell him to cut the cord and give picture proof. They send him a new one everytime.

This is actually a commen thing for Razor.

Heres vid proof from a streamer.

As for any Razor products their not the best interms of build quality.

I suggest you save some money and get some real headphones. Beyerdynamic MM300's or Sennheiser Game zeros. I have the MMX300's and they're better then anything else I've used and the warrenty is outstanding, just had mine recabled for free with no problem.

And please refrain from calling yourself a audiophile whilst using a razor headset.

I wouldn't worry to much, I have a freind that burns through the razor headsets (about 1 a year) the cord usually develops a short. And they tell him to cut the cord and give picture proof. They send him a new one everytime.

This is actually a commen thing for Razor.

Heres vid proof from a streamer.

As for any Razor products their not the best interms of build quality.

I suggest you save some money and get some real headphones. Beyerdynamic MM300's or Sennheiser Game zeros. I have the MMX300's and they're better then anything else I've used and the warrenty is outstanding, just had mine recabled for free with no problem.

And please refrain from calling yourself a audiophile whilst using a razor headset.

Well, that is what they wanted to do, but the issue is that they stopped replying to my emails since I sent them the picture with the cut cord.

So yeah, I worry.

And I would love to buy some sennheisers but they ware way more expensive. 

11 days since the RMA team sent the email and 12 days since normal support stopped replying.

Multiple emails sent and no answer. 

Today I sent another request in their website to see if someone new talks to me. 

Lets see what will happen.

Good morning everyone :)

I bring good news about Razer.

After I send the new support ticket in their website last night they ALL answer in a matter of hours lol.

Aaron S. (normal support, the first guy I talked to) replied in 7 hours after I send the new ticket in the webiste saying this:

-----

"Hello Ricardo,

I truly apologize for the late reply and for any inconvenience caused. We were having some issues in our systems for the past few days and all is good now. I have submitted an RMA request for your case. The team will get back to you shortly with more information regarding your exchange as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Aaron S.

Razer - Tier 1"

-----

So the RMA team did, they answer in a matter of 4 hours latter. 

Although their emails where kinda weird talking about USA shipping or International shipping, when they have all my data, or that it might be out of stock. 

------

"Hi there Ricardo 

Thanks for sending in the pictures. Your replacement product should leave our warehouse within 1-3 business days. For items sent within the United States you will receive an email with the tracking number as soon as the unit is shipped. International items may not feature a tracking number and therefore you will not receive a tracking number once the unit ships. International orders usually arrive within 1-2 weeks of shipping but can take longer. Demand and inventory may occasionally delay the shipment of your product, please pardon our delay should this happen. Please feel free to contact us with any questions. 

Thanks for your time and your support of Razer. We apologize for the troubles and trust you will be enjoying your replacement product very soon. 

Best Regards, 
Sam 
Razer Support Team"

-----

In a matter of minutes Sam replied again saying that they have no stock in the warehouse of Carcharias and he proposed the option of giving the money back, not what I paid for but what is worth in their store now. 

I said ok and waiting a reply now, lets see. 

Hi there,

to end all this movie lol, I reach out to you so anyone that reads this post in the future knows how it ended. Since I don't like to only talk bad of brands but just the truth. 

At June 20 I started talking to the normal support and today, 25 days later, after claims by Razer of system malfunction between other stuff, Razer finally came forth with their word. 

They claimed their warehouse of out of stock of Carcharias so they, as an exception, offered a promo code to use in their webstore which I accepted.

Today I finally received it.

Thank you guys for you all support in this extremely annoying situation.

Turns out Razer isnt that bad after all. 

Always had logitech products and never failed on me yet. I'm really glad I didn't buy any Razer products yet... oh wait I have a Razer mouse pad and it kinda sucks because If I hit a certain sport the optical laser jumps to a different sport on the screen, been using a different mouse pad and hasn't done it since. I wont ever buy Razer products. I hope your problem gets resolved soon.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Always had logitech products and never failed on me yet. I'm really glad I didn't buy any Razer products yet... oh wait I have a Razer mouse pad and it kinda sucks because If I hit a certain sport the optical laser jumps to a different sport on the screen, been using a different mouse pad and hasn't done it since. I wont ever buy Razer products. I hope your problem gets resolved soon.

It was solved today xD 

They sent me a promotion code and I ordered a Razer Saberthooth loool, because I want to try Final Fantasy XIV and dont have a controler :D

About Razer Products I just feel they are too expensive for their quality. They feel really good when they are new but than you start to find out issues over and over again. Oh well.

For example my Mamba, the right mouse click, of such torture from playing League, is getting to the point were it wont react. I know how to fix it, but its annoying to have to.