ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

I like the fact that it has a lit up red chicolate key board and 8 gigs of ram

I love the graphic and the ports on the G550JK from Asus, I thought about buying it, but I think I will buy a deskop pc.

I like the looks, so slick, beautiful thing! :)

Intel Core I7 4770K @ 3.5Ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC to 2163mhz | Asus Z87 Pro LGA 1150 MotherBoard | 16 (2x8) Crucial Ballistix 1600 Mhz RAM | 256gb ADATA Xpg SX900 SSD | WD Black 1TB | NZXT 750 Watt PSU | Phantom 530 White Case | 2x Benq Rl2455HM | K70RGB (First gen) Cherry MX Red

linnnnusssss im still up for that job to keep your work building house clean, btw that laptop is just too sexiiiiiiii

I like the looks, so slick, beautiful thing! :)

Intel Core I7 4770K @ 3.5Ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC to 2163mhz | Asus Z87 Pro LGA 1150 MotherBoard | 16 (2x8) Crucial Ballistix 1600 Mhz RAM | 256gb ADATA Xpg SX900 SSD | WD Black 1TB | NZXT 750 Watt PSU | Phantom 530 White Case | 2x Benq Rl2455HM | K70RGB (First gen) Cherry MX Red

It's just so awesome and sleek and battery and performance and <3 <3 <3

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @4,4Ghz | GPU: Sapphire HD7850 @1050Mhz | MB: ASRock z77 Extreme4 | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo v2 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | HDD: Samsung 1TB | Case: Sharkoon T28 blue | PSU​: XFX pro 550w | Mouse: Logitech G500

Hmmm. Lots of things are cool. One of them seems to be the keyboard

my favourite thing about this ASUS G550JK is, is that there is only one in the world with these autographs and that make this G550JK one of a kind!

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

Definitely the solid build quality (I hate those plastic-bombers)

Definitely the solid build quality (I hate those plastic-bombers)

Aluminum cover and red strip.... love it :rolleyes:

The brushed aluminum of the back looks too good. Would love to win one.

Build quality and form factor are great with this laptop

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @4.8 Ghz Motherbord: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: GeIL Super Luce 32GB 2400MHz | Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition |
 | SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2 | Power Supply: Corsair HX850i 850W Platinum Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass |

CPU Block: Phanteks Glacier C350i GPU Block: Phanteks Full Cover GTX 1080 | GPU Back Plate: EK Full Cover EK-FC1080 GTX | Reservoir: EK RES X3 250 |
| Radiator: EK CoolStream SE 360 Slim Triple Rad | Pump: EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump Plexi Tubing: EK DuraClear 8/8ID 1/2OD Tubing |
Coolant: Mayhems Non Stain Blue Dye + Distilled Water | Fittings: EK ACF 10/13mm Compression fittings black Fans: Corsair HD120 RGB & Phanteks PH-F120SP |

Monitor: 2x Samsung s34e790c (34" 21:9 3440x1440) Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB  | Mouse: Razer Mamba Chroma RGB Mouse Pad: TSM Grunge |
Headset: Logitech G930 Wheel: Logitech G920 |

I like the red and black color scheme.  The backlit red keys.  The ISP screen and the signatures on the bottom.

Favorite thing about the ASUS RoG G550JK:

Pros that I like and prefer in this Notebook ~ The finish, full keyboard with 10-key (very practical for school/research work), 4th-gen i7, Upgradeable to 16 GB RAM (laptop companies need to stop soldering on their RAM ~ It should be a crime to solder the RAM to a laptop of any kind!), screen size is south of 17" (max comfortable preference is a 15.6" for portability reasons), decent graphics with Optimus Technology (discrete) for the power savings, looks like a nicely engineered cooling solution with a large scale dual fan cooler integrated, the speakers on this look over-the-top for a laptop and were unexpected in this review.

Cons that follow this price range or features that I would have liked to have seen include ~ Windows 8.1 and no touchscreen... really? - doesn't make much sense to me until you add a third-party start button or else IF Microsoft includes the start button on the next major SP or Windows Update, since on the Asus website they advertise "Incredible Cloud" services then why not sacrifice the larger HDD and go with a smaller SSD?, while I'm not completely up-to-date on my tech know-how as of recent - why is the max cap on Memory 16 instead of 32 GB like on the larger 17" models?, in the Asus website specifications there are three (3) Optical Drives listed including a Blue-ray Writer... why can't I find this option anywhere for order? Why list it if it's not available on this model and if I were going to include a writer at all on a laptop it would only be a Blue-ray Writer for maximum capacity and compatibility with all currently used optical disc technologies, more of a nit-pick but a "gaming" style keyboard would have been nice for this RoG Gaming Notebook such as anti-ghosting and maybe 10 simultaneous key recognition, also ~ I understand this doesn't usually happen on a gaming notebook but longer battery life when on discrete mode (again more of a nit-pic)

All-in-all the best thing about this Asus RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook featured in the video?

The signatures from the participants of and fact that this particular Notebook was a part of the highest altitude gaming LAN party!

I would love to win and own this laptop to help me throughout the rest of my years of college ahead of me on my pursuit to becoming a (hopefully) badass Engineer! Cheers and a Toast to everyone involved in this Giveaway and I hope to win! Thank you very much for the opportunity and good luck to everyone participating!

I love its general design. So many laptops look terrible, this is how all windows laptops should be!!!

Kieran Heneghan

That red bezel looks amazing. I'm a sucker for well executed red and black color schemes.

Well.. its a part of history.

The laptop itself is just a gorgeous piece of technology with great performance. And i bet it handled Doom like a champ too  :)

Probably the fact that the G550JK is small enough to fit in just about any carrying case and the speakers look exceptionally robust for a laptop.