Twitch Coming to 3DS & PS Vita

JLCitadel
TWITCH LOOKING INTO 3DS AND PS VITA STREAMING APPS

"Handhelds. That's something we'd love to do."

"Twitch integration is a major feature for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and the company would 'love to do' the same functionality on Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita, though there's processing and server concerns holding that up. Kevin Lin, chief operating officer for Twitch, talked with GamesIndustry about the rise of video game streaming on the service as well as the next destinations for broadcasting functionality. Lin said that Twitch is looking into handheld systems, in addition to PC and home consoles.

'On mobile, we just released our first in-game integration, with Asphalt 8 from Gameloft,' Lin said. 'For now, we're going to be doing that game by game. Handhelds. That's something we'd love to do. On handhelds, it's more of a server/CPU concern, but we definitely want to do it. We want to build viewing apps, that's much less CPU intensive than broadcasting.'

While Lin didn't detail any specific plans, it sounds like viewing apps are more likely possible on 3DS and Vita than built-in streaming functionality, which is available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Stay tuned to IGN for more on Twitch's plans on consoles and handhelds."

Sounds like a good idea, don't see anything bad that can come from it

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more ways to view Twitch streams the better IMHO.

Wasn't it possible to use it,through the browser? 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Wasn't it possible to use it,through the browser? 

3ds browser doesn't support flash.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

3ds browser doesn't support flash.

what about PSvita? 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

what about PSvita? 

I don't think it does either because you can only watch YouTube only with the app.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Me and my 3DS are very happy right now.

i can't decide if i want to get a 3ds xl or not. Pokemon x and y are crying for me.. but i feel like ill get bored of it shortly after.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3DS mmm... that'd be interesting, I think I read somewhere about Nintendo not interested in Twitch.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

3DS mmm... that'd be interesting, I think I read somewhere about Nintendo not interested in Twitch.

It's not that they're not interested in Twitch, it's just that think it's not fun watching people play games when you can just play them game yourself instead. Which kind of makes sense.

I only "watch" Twitch while playing games since I just get bored watching some dude ramble while playing a game. I use Twitch more for background noise. But that's just me since I'm sure people enjoy watching that kind of thing for hours .

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

I dont think the can stream on 3ds. not powerfull enough. used to make apps for the dsi.. it struggled to play regular local videos. streaming looks like a hard thing for this device 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

It's not that they're not interested in Twitch, it's just that think it's not fun watching people play games when you can just play them game yourself instead. Which kind of makes sense.

I only "watch" Twitch while playing games since I just get bored watching some dude ramble while playing a game. I use Twitch more for background noise. But that's just me since I'm sure people enjoy watching that kind of thing for hours .

Then they're not interested. :)  You're not interested either, and you know what? I'm not that interested in Twitch either lol I only watch the WAN Show and sometimes gaming to see how's the gameplay of a game haha

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I dont think the can stream on 3ds. not powerfull enough. used to make apps for the dsi.. it struggled to play regular local videos. streaming looks like a hard thing for this device 

That was the DSi which was just a DS with a crap load more features and better firmware/online stuff. This is a 3DS which is much much more powerful than the DS/DSi. 

Then they're not interested. :)  You're not interested either, and you know what? I'm not that interested in Twitch either lol I only watch the WAN Show and sometimes gaming to see how's the gameplay of a game haha

Yeah. I only use Twitch for the WAN Show and to watch beta/alpha gameplay stuff. But sometimes I'll watch MANvsGAME since he's one of the few streamers I can watch for more than a hour. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

YES! Seriously, the lack of the ability to output to a TV was really problematic for capturing footage. Hopefully, this helps change this.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Seems like the general consensus is, if they do it great, if not we don't really care.

Pretty much.

That was the DSi which was just a DS with a crap load more features and better firmware/online stuff. This is a 3DS which is much much more powerful than the DS/DSi. 

Its not that more powerfull but I would like to see an app even thought I believe it will like.. shutter or something.

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1