Which Graphic Card to choose? (AMD)

darrenfoo2012
Go to solution Solved by Moopey,

Honestly, you shouldn't buy anything bellow R7 260 (See Linus' review of the R7 240 and his rant about low end graphics cards). I don't see them being very useful compared to their prices. I don't know about pricing in the USA, but if it 260X is somewhere in line with 750 Ti, I would recommend getting the 750 Ti, even if it was 10-20$ more expensive (again, not sure about your pricing, but 750 Ti is actually 7$ cheaper in my country). 750 Ti will play pretty much anything at high and 35+ FPS(there are obvious exceptions, Witcher 2, Metro Last Light, FC3 etc.) (so will 260X but 750 Ti will do it better).

You will have a very good experience with the 750 Ti (Uses less power; maximum 75W, 260X goes up to 100W+, runs cooler and quiter than 260x and delivers more performance, 750 Ti doesn't even need a 6pin connector, ASUS does have one I think and you can get half a dozen more FPS out of it comapred to non-6pin 750 Ti). I built a budget gaming PC for my friend (G3220, 750 Ti, 4GB RAM) and he plays pretty much everything at very playable FPS (We didn't check the FPS but I'd imagine it was above 35 FPS).

TL;DR: Get 750 Ti instead of 260X if you can.

I would like to know if the ASUS AMD R7 250X or 260 would be better? because the 250X has 2GB VRAM but the 260 costs more,so I'm not sure which to choose,I hope anyone of you could reply and let me know which would be better

The 265 shouldn't cost more but is waaaaaaaaaay better than both. Like 2x+ the performance of both. If you really really can't afford it.. go for the 260x but the price/performance ratio is really bad with uber low end cards.

Save up and wait to buy a 270X. There's better support and the performance is better.

It'll last you longer before an upgrade, as well.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-112170120g

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

if budget is a factor, go for the best chip you can afford, an extra $10 at this price range means a LOT for performance, and you wont feel the need to upgrade as fast, save up for another month if you have to, 

Save up and wait to buy a 270X. There's better support and the performance is better.

It'll last you longer before an upgrade, as well.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-112170120g

just take note that darren is only 13 (according to his profile)

while i agree that the more you pay the better you get, without knowing anything about his financial situation, i find it very hard to tell him to double his budget

just take note that darren is only 13 (according to his profile)

while i agree that the more you pay the better you get, without knowing anything about his financial situation, i find it very hard to tell him to double his budget

I'm 13 as well, but I'm just saying he should save for a few more allowances/wait until his birthday or something, and buy a mid-range card. You end up spending more than you had to for two cards, when you could have gotten a better experience from the start, and bought a better card.

@darrenfoo2012 If you want an Nvidia option for a reasonable price, look at the 750TI.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn75toc2gi

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Honestly, you shouldn't buy anything bellow R7 260 (See Linus' review of the R7 240 and his rant about low end graphics cards). I don't see them being very useful compared to their prices. I don't know about pricing in the USA, but if it 260X is somewhere in line with 750 Ti, I would recommend getting the 750 Ti, even if it was 10-20$ more expensive (again, not sure about your pricing, but 750 Ti is actually 7$ cheaper in my country). 750 Ti will play pretty much anything at high and 35+ FPS(there are obvious exceptions, Witcher 2, Metro Last Light, FC3 etc.) (so will 260X but 750 Ti will do it better).

You will have a very good experience with the 750 Ti (Uses less power; maximum 75W, 260X goes up to 100W+, runs cooler and quiter than 260x and delivers more performance, 750 Ti doesn't even need a 6pin connector, ASUS does have one I think and you can get half a dozen more FPS out of it comapred to non-6pin 750 Ti). I built a budget gaming PC for my friend (G3220, 750 Ti, 4GB RAM) and he plays pretty much everything at very playable FPS (We didn't check the FPS but I'd imagine it was above 35 FPS).

And the GTX 750 Ti is actually more expensive than the R7 260X. At the same price as the GTX 750 Ti is the R7 265 which spanks the GTX 750 Ti hard. You only get a GTX 750 Ti if and only if your power supply doesn't cut it (no 6-pin molex connector or doesn't provide enough power).

An R7 260X or GTX 750 (non-Ti) are fine entry-level cards, but the R7 265's 256-bit bus really allows it to pull ahead at more taxing settings and resolutions. In short, it's a lot faster.

Rig: Intel Core i7-2600 / Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X / 2 x 8 GB DDR3-1600 / Seagate Hybrid SSHD 2 TB / FSP500-60APN 500W / 3x 20" 1600x900 LED / 51" Samsung F5000 plasma / Acer K330 LED projector
15.6" Clevo W650SJ: Intel Core i7-4810MQ / Geforce GTX 850M / 1 x 8 GB DDR3-1600 / Hitachi 1 TB 7200 rpm
14" Lenovo Y460: Intel Core i5-520M / Mobility Radeon HD 5650 / 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1333 / Hitachi 500 GB 5400 rpm

And the GTX 750 Ti is actually more expensive than the R7 260X. At the same price as the GTX 750 Ti is the R7 265 which spanks the GTX 750 Ti hard.

Yes, that is true then, R7 265 if definitely better than 750Ti. But how odd is it that my pricings are so varied (in Bosnia):

Sapphire R7 260X (2GB) - 198$

Gainward GTX 750 Ti (2GB) - 191$

Sapphire R7 265 (2GB) - 244$

To me and my available prices, my previous post makes a lot of sence. Those brands aren't cheap, they're both very fine. No idea why my prices are like this.

well,my father may be buying a new desktop for me but of course I need to give him the specs so he will go to the store and find out what the price is,and actually I wanted HD7790 but the store said it's out of stock so the salesman recommended the R7 250 which I don't like because I want a graphic card with 2 fan and it doesn't cost much so I wanted the R7 250X but since you all said it's not very good I think I will just tell him to get a R7 260X , and thanks to all of you for replying :)