Is my fan setup correct?

PaulC1

Hi, so I'm thinking of buying a new case (the Corsair C70 specifically) and I just want to make sure my fan setup is correct, not really where they blow the air, I want to know if I'm thinking of putting the static pressure and airflow fans in the right place. So below you'll see a very poor attempt of making a diagram of the C70 in paint. 

post-3938-0-70659900-1368882524.png

The fans I was thinking of using for static pressure were the Corsair SP120 high performance edition, but I was thinking about the Noctua NF-P12 but I don't know if there is really that big of a performance boost for the extra money. Could you guys give me your thoughts on these two and which ones you think I should use.

For the regular airflow fans again I'm stuck between Noctua and Corsair (Corsair AF120 Peformance Edition and the Noctua NF-S12A) I'll probably end up going with Corsair for the airflow due to the lower price and I assume that they aren't as important as the Static Pressure fans.

Please tell me if I have got the whole thing wrong and I should just be using all static pressure and not airflow, I'm new to this whole build thing :)

Thanks,

Paul.

Mirror's Edge 2. One day.

I don't buy airflow fans, the difference isn't that big to normal SP fans. You can put SP fans everywhere, AF fans have a special use scenario. Good fans are expensive but you can use them for more then one build. Your next build could have a H100,  than you would have to buy two new fans, and what do you do with your old AF fans? nothing... :D

But your fan setup looks good. 4 in 3 out is perfect.

Noctua>Corsair SP(Quiet)>Corsair AF(Quiet)

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Thanks guys :) Also, are dust filters restrictive to the point where I would need to get a static pressure fan or would I be ok using an airflow fan for dust filters?

If you're going for "airflow fans" just get cheap ones; it doesn't really matter all that much. Yate loons are pretty good for that.

I don't buy airflow fans, the difference isn't that big to normal SP fans. You can put SP fans everywhere, AF fans have a special use scenario. Good fans are expensive but you can use them for more then one build. Your next build could have a H100,  than you would have to buy two new fans, and what do you do with your old AF fans? nothing... :D

But your fan setup looks good. 4 in 3 out is perfect.

Thanks! One more question, if I'm pulling air in to my case through a dust filter, would that require static pressure or does the filter not put up that much of a fight with the fan?

Thanks! One more question, if I'm pulling air in to my case through a dust filter, would that require static pressure or does the filter not put up that much of a fight with the fan?

Dust filters won't restrict performance, just keep them clean of dust every so often and you'll be fine.

Dust filters won't restrict performance, just keep them clean of dust every so often and you'll be fine.

Thanks! :)

One suggestion from me - replace the bottom fan with a pressure-optimised one, even though the C70 has a relatively high floor clearance, I think an SP120 would fare better.