BF4 threads

Wiff

Probably wrong, but 4 or less. JayzTwoCents did a video and it only starting bitching with an i3-level CPU.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

a lot of threads on this forum

ha ha

8 core

Could I run this game with a 4 core and 0 threads cpu without having less fps

Probably wrong, but 4 or less. JayzTwoCents did a video and it only starting bitching with an i3-level CPU.

impossible, as far as I know has the i3 2 cores and 2 threads or am I wrong?

That's still logically 4 cores.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

it won't be a real problem, you'll be fine as long as those 4 cores aren't weak(that would be 4 cores and 4 threads)

i think that some are 2 cores, 4 threads

0 threads? I think you probably mean without hyper-threding, where there are 2 threads to each core instead of the normal 1 per core. and yes a quad core CPU should be fine

celeron and pentium cpus have 2 cores and 2 threads

the i3 has 2 cores 4 threads

i would like to add that bf4 use 8 threads

and u dont really need all that power

BF4 is very well optimized running and i3 will be fine for 1080p and ultimate detail with everything on

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I assume you are talking about the i5 3570 (K) in which case, yes you won't lose FPS in BF4.

celeron and pentium cpus have 2 cores and 2 threads

the i3 has 2 cores 4 threads

i would like to add that bf4 use 8 threads

and u dont really need all that power

BF4 is very well optimized running and i3 will be fine for 1080p and ultimate detail with everything on

adn the i5 has how many threads?

adn the i5 has how many threads?

the i5 has 4 cores 4 thread no HT

the i7 has HT so 4 cores 8 threads

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

1 if you run it as 32bit, 4 somewhat like 30% while 1st is at 60% (4770K) when in 64bit. But when I tested it, it wasn't really optimized and console commands they had didn't do anything.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 if you run it as 32bit, 4 somewhat like 30% while 1st is at 60% (4770K) when in 64bit. But when I tested it, it wasn't really optimized and console commands they had didn't do anything.

doesnt it lag in 32 bit?

doesnt it lag in 32 bit?

What do you mean? I ran it like 2-3 weeks in 32bit when it was launched and didn't notice anything compared to when I eventually changed it to 64bit. CPU usage stayed same, difference was that it went from all stress on one core to stress divided over all cores.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What do you mean? I ran it like 2-3 weeks in 32bit when it was launched and didn't notice anything compared to when I eventually changed it to 64bit. CPU usage stayed same, difference was that it went from all stress on one core to stress divided over all cores.

ah ok

but ithink it makes a difference if you run it on a 32bit system

but ithink it makes a difference if you run it on a 32bit system

You can't run 64bit software on 32bit OS. So there isn't possibility of that kind of problems. Running 32bit on 32bit is basic thing. If you have problems in that scenario, the cause is something else than game.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You can't run 64bit software on 32bit OS. So there isn't possibility of that kind of problems. Running 32bit on 32bit is basic thing. If you have problems in that scenario, the cause is something else than game.

yea i mean 32 bit bf4 on 32 bit system but isnt the memory not enough?

4gigs is bit on the limits. BF4 recommended is 6gigs. You could try to help it by increasing pagefile and taking graphics and resolution down a bit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

A simple look at benchmarks shows 4 total cores/threads is all BF4 benefits from. Only dropping down to less than 4 total cores/threads made any real impact in performance. Clock speed doesn't seem to affect much of anything either.

http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/page6.html

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

A simple look at benchmarks shows 4 total cores/threads is all BF4 benefits from. Only dropping down to less than 4 total cores/threads made any real impact in performance. Clock speed doesn't seem to affect much of anything either.

http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/page6.html

so you should have at least 4 cores and 2 threads or 6 cores or more

BF4.exe usually use 1-2GB

BF3 can use under 1GB at times and not much above 1 GB.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

so you should have at least 4 cores and 2 threads or 6 cores or more

No, 4 cores or threads total. The i3's in the test are 2 cores, but 4 threads total because each of those 2 cores can process two things at once. An i5 is 4 cores, but only 4 threads because each core can only process 1 thing at a time. An i7 is 4 cores, but 8 threads, again each core is processing two things at once. A 8350 from AMD is 8 cores but only 8 threads, since each core can only process one thing at a time, just like an i5.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Will the stock clock 8350 be good for BF4 gaming? would it present any performance issues?