My Laptop - ASUS S400CA Review - 1 year later

So I spent quite a long time on this and I hope that it's of good quality.

I'm doing a PDF version only because of the length and the formatting used for the review.

Find the PDF here. Warning: it is quite long.

I was kind of thinking of getting this laptop, but then I read this review. Screen is just so bad. Also 3Hr batter is not enough for me.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-VivoBook-S400CA-Ultrabook.84582.0.html

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I was kind of thinking of getting this laptop, but then I read this review. Screen is just so bad. Also 3Hr batter is not enough for me.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-VivoBook-S400CA-Ultrabook.84582.0.html

It's not fantastic but it isn't that bad.

It certainly doesn't compare to the 27" IPS monitor for my Desktop but it isn't garbage.

It's not fantastic but it isn't that bad.

It certainly doesn't compare to the 27" IPS monitor for my Desktop but it isn't garbage.

That low brightness is nearly impossible to use outside.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

That low brightness is nearly impossible to use outside.

Depends how you position yourself relative to the sun. I've not found a Laptop yet with a screen that performs well outdoors. :)

I also bought the S400CA a year ago and the CPU fan is broken and it has a terrible grinding noise to it. The back of the laptop is a finger print magnet, and the battery is crap, but for the price it's a must-get

I also bought the S400CA a year ago and the CPU fan is broken and it has a terrible grinding noise to it. The back of the laptop is a finger print magnet, and the battery is crap, but for the price it's a must-get

Ouch. Glad I have been more fortunate...

I guess it can happen to any Laptop. From experience it's Toshibas and HPs coming into the shop with hardware failures.