Steelseries RMA just told me to F*ck off .....

plutomok

Im so confused....here is the transcript

Request #183387 

Siberia V2 (Analog) mic not working

Mohammed Omair Khan
Jun 28 06:09 PM

Hello

I purchased this headset on December 27, 2013 (black friday sale @ NCIX) in Mississauga Canada 
A few days ago i noticed the mic had stopped working 
I have plugged it into other computers and have confirmed the mic is no longer working. 
Im really disappointed because the headset was working flawlessly up until then and really enjoy using these

What are my options? 
Can steelseries provide me with a replacement if I send these in? I still have the hardware and box with sticker in mint condition.

Thanks 
Omair

Comments

Mohammed Omair Khan

PS: the hardware was never abused. has been on my desk plugged into the back of my pc for almost 6 months

June 28, 2014 06:13 PM

Brendan M 

SteelSeries Support 

·         Hey Mohammed,

We can RMA (Return Merchandise Authorize) your product through our manufacturer warranty. Through this process we will verify the defect and exchange for a different, working unit. Please take the following steps so that we may authorize your RMA:

1) Please provide the following information:
[a] Your up-to-date shipping address:
Name:
Shipping Address Line 1:
Shipping Address Line 2 (if applies):
City:
State (if applies):
Zip Code:
Telephone number:

Purchase Date

[c] Purchase Location

[d] Serial Number (Only required if you have a Siberia Elite)

[e] Proof of Purchase 
Please DO NOT reply by email or forward email invoices. Please log in and update your ticket directly: http://www.steelseries.com/support
and upload a clear jpeg, png, or bmp image of your receipt: 
*If you have a digital receipt, please forward a full-screen copy of it with the URL bar intact. Please do not crop the image. Either a copy of the receipt or credit card statement will be accepted.

2) Please make sure to add support@.zendesk.com to your 'accepted contacts' list in the email account with which you have created your ticket. If you fail to do this, you may not receive follow-up RMA emails which will lead to a delay in your case.

Note: Please be advised that for older and out-of-stock products we are forced to send an "alike" product which is closest is design and function. Sometimes the product may be different in shape or design and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience if this is the case. If you are not okay with receiving a different product, please let us know and refer to the SteelSeries Webstore for your region to check if your product is in stock before sending in your RMA.

If you have any additional questions, please first check the RMA FAQ in order to minimize delays: http://faq.steelseries.com/categories/RMA/

Regards,
Brendan M
SteelSeries Support

July 01, 2014 09:21 AM

Mohammed Omair Khan

·         Unfortunately i do not have the original receipt. 
But i looked back into my credit card statement and it is present on there. I will follow these instructions and proceed with the RMA

(IT SAYS UNALTERED CREDIT CARD STATEMENT IS FINE)

AND EXACTLY 2 MINUTES AFTER I GET THIS REPLY -NOTE I HAVENT EVEN SENT THEM ANYTHING YET

July 02, 2014 11:27 AM

Randall B 

SteelSeries Support 

·         Hello Mohammed,

Unfortunately your RMA has been declined.

Reasons we have declined your RMA may include:
1) There is no remaining manufacturer warranty for this product.
2) You are unable to provide a valid proof of purchase in an image format as requested (jpeg, bmp, png)
3) You no longer have the product and/or are unable to ship the product as part of the RMA process.
4) There is no defect and/or the damage or failure mode is not covered under the Manufacturer warranty. This includes but is not limited to: accidental damage, pet damage, electrical surges, general discomfort, etc...
5) You purchased second-hand or at a fire-sale style website (ie. Ebay, 1saleAday, woot.com). 
The reason for this is SteelSeries Manufacturer Warranty is non-transferable. We do not honor manufacturer warranty for products purchased second-hand or refurbished.

We are unable to proceed with an RMA for this product and your ticket is now closed. For more information on the RMA process and warranty information, please visit: http://faq.steelseries.com/categories/RMA/

Please do not create a follow-up to this ticket as this decision is final. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Randall B
SteelSeries Support

Can someone please explain why they just boned me?
i havent even given them any of the info yet and they are already telling me "do not create a follow-up to this ticket as this decision is final. Thanks for your understanding." What understanding? 
Can i get a phone number please?

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

Could you change the color of all of your text to the automatic option? :)

Try dealing with NCIX. That is unacceptable.

Call customer support and stay on the line till you get what you need. Policy is a suggestion, not a law. You hang out with these guys long enough they will most likely give in to what you want.

Did that with ea to get my origin account back.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Call customer support and stay on the line till you get what you need. Policy is a suggestion, not a law. You hang out with these guys long enough they will most likely give in to what you want.

Did that with ea to get my origin account back.

Can someone help me find their North America customer service number? i cant seem to find it 

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

I had Randall B when i RMA'd my siberia elite  He offered a RMA without proof of purchase so im not sure what happened here.

as far as i know they dont have phone support only online ticket give NCIX a call instead. 

Im so confused....here is the transcript

-SNIP-

Can someone please explain why they just boned me?

i havent even given them any of the info yet and they are already telling me "do not create a follow-up to this ticket as this decision is final. Thanks for your understanding." What understanding? 

Can i get a phone number please?

Clever money saving technique?

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

If you don't have the receipt then you can't do anything about it. You credit card statement doesn't prove anything. Stick with headphones. They pretty much never break. 

Mine broke after ~6months of usage,left speaker died completely,screw this. I got the green v2

im heading to ncix right now to see what they can do

considering they have all my personal info when making the purchase (phone number, email and address)

i dont see why they cant print me a copy or something

Dumb support staffs are dumb - in a rush to meet quota, they probably canceled it because there was none of the information they requested in your reply. Just shoot them another email or something and hopefully you'll get someone who gives a care.