LG G3 Review and.... TWENTY-FIVE Phone Giveaway?!

I Like the camera the most 

Really digging the custom skin on the device.

There are so many things to like about this phone, but above all I probably like the screen best

I like the bezel so much. I bet this would be great for app development. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

NCIX: n/a

Amazon: http://georiot.co/30oN

The G3 from LG is the first phone I've used with a 2560x1440 display. That's a lotta pixels! Not to mention the rest of the top-of-the-range specs!

Alright, now onto the good stuff. LG is giving us TWENTY FIVE G3's to give away! All you need to do to qualify is post your favourite thing about the G3 from the review above in this thread and you can be selected at random to win one of these phones!

Please note that they are retail units (in the video I said pre-production, but this has since been changed) and they are Korean unlocked global units, so you will need to verify if they will work correctly on your carrier! To my knowledge they will work on AT&T or T-Mobile, but I got no data - only get voice and SMS on my carrier (Bell) so YMMV.

Either way you can still enter to win one, and you an always use it as a portable gaming device or whatever... I mean, it's a G3 man! The wifi will work! Best of luck to everyone!

One entry per household.

The giveaway is worldwide and closes July 6th and the winners will be announced on Twitter, so make sure you're following @LinusTech!

I love the 354 ppi!!...man that's amazing!..and....a phone without any side buttons.it is GREAT!

thin bezels makes the LG G3 look awesome!!

totally love the resizeable keyboard....and other software upgrades

I love the level of customization of the phone. You can customize almost everything. and why almost eliminates the need for third-party firmware. also very interesting to me as a camera phone.

My favorite part of the video is where you dismiss all the bells and whistles as useless in that phone.

but my favorite part of the phone is the screen (lots-o-pixelzzzzz) 500+ ppi is no joke!

I love the design, having the buttons on the back instead of the sides. Also the tap to wake looks pretty cool.

I love the design, having the buttons on the back instead of the sides. Also the tap to wake looks pretty cool.

My favorite thing about the G3 has to be changing the bottom buttons on the phone. 

My favorite part by far about the LG G3 is that the buttons are on the back. That is much more ergonomic than reaching to the very top of the phone to turn it on. 

I really like the design, the thin bezels, brushed metal looking plastic, and even the buttons on the back.

I really like the design, the thin bezels, brushed metal looking plastic, and even the buttons on the back.

i guess my favorite feature about g3 is the style, it's just so freaking sexy <3

Probably quite a few things i like a bout this phone : Oh boy.. here's a list :mellow: ...

1. First of all i love how the Bezel to screen ratio is in this phone, it's not too much of either imo just the perfect balance that adds to its ergonomics & strength.
  2. the back side of the Phone is quite sexy imo (right around the edges), right smooth curves sexy as hell & the buttons are on the quite good, although its the same with G2
  3. Few of the software wise benifits like switching the base buttons functions & the usual android shinanigans
  4. I freakin love the quick(as you say lightning) autofocus (hope you havent bumped the frame rates for the effect)
  5. Big fan of audio out as in speaker(s) (especially when it's powered)
  6. Overall i find it has a good ergonomic design even when you were flaying around the phone looked quite fitting (design wise)
  7. replacable back plate!! :wub: (good one because the part does tend to get damaged early on & one can replace it? wow especially on this tier phone that's a plus)
  8. 13mp is quite overkill but needed when the 4k revolution is coming (subtle futureproofing) , quite nessesary i believe.
  9. Screen res is jaw dropping, as in ppi terms , love that they're pushing the res when stuff like ultra retina is coming to market, this should hold quite unique.
  10. i would love to replace mine with it anygiven time.
  11. Because it's LG!  :rolleyes:

those are the things i find quite good about it & Thanks for reading it this far..

EDIT: i forgot to mention the two tone flash! makes the 13mp not just a addon, but have it's pupose for it...

Details separate people.

I love the "buttonless" look, just makes the phone so much more clean and sexy.

My favorite features are the q-HD display, thin bezels, and the camera, plus the battery is swappable :D!! 

I love everything about this phone. It's a complete package, been waiting for a phone to pack all awesome features. But the my faves would be the 2560x1440 display, 13mp cam with laser distance finder and two-tone flash, 3000mAh replaceable battery, micro SD slot, new flat UI, dual window. So glad LG decided to make this ultimate smartphone. :D  :D  :D 

The Thin thin thin bezels! Can't get enough of the sleekness!

I love the display and the battery its really great i guess it last all day long :D

My favorite thing about the g3 is those thin bezels brah

the laser auto focus does look pretty sweet