Ubisoft just keeps on digging

Beskamir

So Ubisoft has a decently intriguing service where we can customize assassins. I actually want to play around with it for a bit.

Only problem is that the website doesn't work in Canada (where I live and ubisoft has a studio)

Link to the website: http://www.acunity-unite.com/

The message they give is:

Apologies, dear Assassin,
this experience isn't available in your country.
For more info about Assassin's Creed® Unity,
please visit assassinscreed.com

I know it shouldn't be that difficult to work around it but I'm too lazy to do that. Anyways the only thing that I can see Ubisoft accomplish with this is annoy their few remaining fans.

I live in Florida???

post-83355-0-67768000-1404271831_thumb.p

Its all looks these days

I don't think this is a "Ubisoft keeps on diggin" worthy thing.

No, but it's still pretty silly.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

It says it isn't out yet, that's probably why you can't use it.

look.png

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It works in Australia.

If you could vote I would be grateful. http://www.acunity-unite.com/profile/19199

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

It works in Australia.

If you could vote I would be grateful. http://www.acunity-unite.com/profile/19199

We can't even vote. It's not out for us yet.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Meh...

tumblr_m3p4d0pTFx1qeffzgo2_500.gif

Anyway, on the topic of customization, I'm going to expect a lot of people making Arno look like Corvo, Garrett, or one of the past Assassins. That or everyone's going to go for the "epic, all-black" look... 

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Why is this not posted yet?

Q3OjVSu.gif

Maybe it's because this is a non issue for the majority of the world and IMHO isn't even comparable to any of their recent BS, I see the issue and it's not great, but I can't be dealing with comparing it to the downgrading of games.

We can't even vote. It's not out for us yet.

Must be a glitch in their systems as there is only 18 hours left.

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Yup. Its a glitch or something.

Just used Hola to change to the UK and it worked.

Why Ubisoft...why...

Its not the first time Ubisoft has issues with countries bein blocked. When they released Settlers 7 Australia was completely blocked as their POS DRM thought everyone in Australia had pirated it, took them a month to kinda fix it and to this day it is still buggy. 

My PC:

Yeah its working for me and im in Australia. Even though a have no intention of playing the game, it does look pretty cool, especially for an in browser thing.

Why would they even add that???

Lol fucktards.

Im in the U.S. and it does not work either.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Why is this not posted yet?

Q3OjVSu.gif

Maybe it's because this is a non issue for the majority of the world and IMHO isn't even comparable to any of their recent BS, I see the issue and it's not great, but I can't be dealing with comparing it to the downgrading of games.

lol. Nice. 

Ubisoft is now in the cross-hairs of the haters. Everything they do will now be scrutinized no matter how illogical the argument against them is. It's not a good place to be.

lol. Nice. 

Ubisoft is now in the cross-hairs of the haters. Everything they do will now be scrutinized no matter how illogical the argument against them is. It's not a good place to be.

They were stupid enough to put themselves there lol

They were stupid enough to put themselves there lol

Indeed. 

They should hire me as their PR guy. I would take 75 grand a year to tell them to just shut the f@ck up. 

They need to avoid the media and silently stop sucking. Eventually, people will forget. 

Indeed. 

They should hire me as their PR guy. I would take 75 grand a year to tell them to just shut the f@ck up. 

They need to avoid the media and silently stop sucking. Eventually, people will forget.

Guarantee some dumbass is payed way more than 75k for these failures.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Indeed. 

Seriously, if they can just lie low for a game reliese or two everyone will totally forget this. Someone else will have fucked up in the mean time and the pitchforks will be out for them.

Kinda like how you see celebrities in the news fucking up over and over, then they just kinda fall off the face of the earth and a few months later everyone forgets... Remember when Britney Spears was batshitcrazy?

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Seriously, if they can just lie low for a game reliese or two everyone will totally forget this. Someone else will have fucked up in the mean time and the pitchforks will be out for them.

Kinda like how you see celebrities in the news fucking up over and over, then they just kinda fall off the face of the earth and a few months later everyone forgets... Remember when Britney Spears was batshitcrazy?

Batshit era Britney was a lot more entertaining than Watch Dogs even.  

This, anything Ubisoft does now people are just saying the keep on digging its losing its meaning now. If you think letting users paint a mesh is on the same level as marketing fraud and tricking consumers you are sadly mistaken.

Can we stop giving Ubisoft stick for every little thing they do.

I swear I will wake up one morning and see a thread titled "Ubisoft CEO continues to breath stealing our oxygen Ubisoft keeps on diggin"

We lose sight of the initial things Ubisoft did to end up like this when we just blindly criticize them for every insignificant action they make.

Now watch as the people who are pissed off at Ubi for this paint your assassin still buy the game.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090