I need some help with a strange PC problem

I bought an old Radeon HD 6850 off a friend for $50. Now I like this card, It matched well with my Sandy Bridge i5 based system, Now I decided to take my gpu into where I've been doing work experience for the past 4 months. It's a small computer refurb company. I cleaned my card with a few quick bursts from an air compressor. 

But for some reason when I plugged it back into my PC, it wouldn't display anything, but power was running through it. A friend of mine there said that it could be the refresh rate on these old monitors and that it should work when I get home. The 6850 had the same problem when I tried it at home. Now i CAN'T even use my PC since the motherboard won't display anything either. I've tried both VGA and DVI. So I'm assuming my motherboard crapped out on me.

Sorry for the long message, but I need help.

Its not a long message, but you might have broken something with that air compressor depending on how strong it was :L

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

That might be true, but my mobo won't display anything. And it doesn't make the start up beep noise anymore.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42440-readme-how-to-respond-to-a-no-post-or-no-power-up-situation/

try to see if the PSU is working

then with only the CPU and RAM installed

and using onboard display connect to monitor

and try to boot to BIOS

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

So its not posting.

Have you tried the usually tests removing your ram ect.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I have a 610 watt Gigabyte PSU(which I don't trust all that much). The PSU is working fine, when I turn on my system all the fans are running, even my GPU fans. But the mother board doesn't do the 4 beeps it normally does. Hence why It's a strange problem for me. 

I have a 610 watt Gigabyte PSU(which I don't trust all that much). The PSU is working fine, when I turn on my system all the fans are running, even my GPU fans. But the mother board doesn't do the 4 beeps it normally does. Hence why It's a strange problem for me. 

try with only 1 stick of RAM in first slot

if there is no beep 

it means the mobo is truly dead

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Its failing one of the tests what motherboard do you have?

Its normal for it give out when there isn't ram or sometimes a keyboard. 

I knew that thread was somewhere on the front page. It was right at the top god damn it scrolled past it 100 times xD

Its to early in the morning :( Need a coffee

R9 7950x | RTX4090

My System parts are in my profile. I only have one stick of ram. First time I've encountered a problem like this. But then again I have only been working with PC's from as far back at 2004.

My System parts are in my profile. I only have one stick of ram. First time I've encountered a problem like this. But then again I have only been working with PC's from as far back at 2004.

ouch looks like the mobo got shorted by something

time for a new board and CPU

the Pentium and Z97 combo might be a good option

3 different computer stores(2 near me, 1 in another state) still sell 1155 motherboards. I like my little sandy bridge i5. It's a workhorse ahah. But I do believe the mobo has been shorted in some way. I'll be my comp in next time I have work exp, and run all the tests from that thread. Thanks for the help guys. 

Got it working guys, turns out my power supply is a tad dodgy 

What's the rating of it? Probably can't handle the GPU.

Got it working guys, turns out my power supply is a tad dodgy

well thats good

for that moment we thought the mobo was a goner