Folders coming in WIndows Phone 8.1

GoodBytes

Sorry for the short news, I am on the go.

Microsoft announces folders in Windows Phone 8.1, The Verge reports

windowsphonefolders1_1020.0_standard_128

A now removed support article over at Microsoft’s Windows Phone site has revealed the company is planning to natively support folders for apps on the Start Screen. The method will work similar to iOS, where you drag one Tile on top of another and it creates a folder that can then be renamed. Apps can then be accessed from within the folder.

Microsoft notes that to create folders on the Start Screen "you need to have Windows Phone 8.1 Update installed on your phone," which suggests this functionality is coming in an update to Windows Phone 8.1, rather than the OS update itself. The Verge understands that Microsoft is currently in the final stages of testing its first update to Windows Phone 8.1, which is expected to debut in July or August.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/29/5854858/windows-phone-8-1-update-folder-support

Yes please! I know there is an app for this but I never used it because I dont have so much apps that I couldnt fit them all nicely on my home screen. But If this gets better implementation and better functions which this app is not offering I may find it usefull.

YES! I was just talking to someone yesterday about how windows phone doesn't support folders and that I had to download an app to get folders. This would be AWESOME! I hope it comes out either with the official 8.1 update or a little afterwards like a week or two.

Yea, the app words fine but it's slow and clumsy compared to something like an integrated system like ios but it works. This would be FANTASTIC!

My guess, is that it could be something coming eventually to Windows.

Doesn't that kinda already exist though? I mean, it's a little different on PC than it is on Windows Phone, but still kinda similar. 

I don't need it, since I have only 30 apps on my screen, which I organize by themes. 

But hum okay, I guess some people coming from IOS or for apps not taking advantage of live tiles it can be useful, maybe (with the smallest size of tiles, you can have 18 apps on a vertical inch, which is nice)

Nokia WP8 had this for a while now. Guess this is mainly for HTC and others.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

The world's slowest catch up continues...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers