WTF TEAM PURPLE!?!?!

minimoose

OK WTF.  I was put on Team Purple in the Summer adventure and the only day we won was day one (I wasn't on the team at that point) and after that have been getting our buts kicked over and over!  How is the fair?  The whole thing makes no sense and Team Red is OP.  For the first time ever I am going to say this:  VALVE PLZ!

Yes I know it makes no difference and is a stupid way of getting people to buy stuff.  

I think the meta-game should be based on some type of actual gameplay instead of crafting cards. I hate the trading card system TBH.

I think the meta-game should be based on some type of actual gameplay instead of crafting cards. I hate the trading card system TBH.

I have no idea how it works and didn't know it was a thing for a while.

I have no idea how it works and didn't know it was a thing for a while.

I wouldn't have either until someone pointed it out to me, haha

My guess is that everyone who got a Team Token just changed to Red, same thing happened to me, the only day Purple won was when I hadn't even joined :'(

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

This competition thing is so rigged, you might as well ignore it.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

I'm not even getting cards from the voting.... 

Are you lvl 8 or more???

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Whats the point of the competition and how does the card system work?

I am on the red team but have no idea how we are winning.

Whats the point of the competition and how does the card system work?

I am on the red team but have no idea how we are winning.

Look at the "How it Works" part.

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/summer2014faq/

I did a quick google. That's silly! :P

Yeh lol, I was just going to vote like crazy, too bad I'm only lvl 4. 

The teams are completely over saturated anyway, I've been on Red since the beginning and not won once out of four. The odds are very much stacked against you.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

In the beginning Reddit was working together to rig the thing, so that Purple win the first day, then red, green, pink and blue, only to restart again from purple, red, green.. etc...

But, Valve switched things up on Day 6, most likely in response to that, so when Purple should've been winning again, it pretty much became a free for all and red, filled with people who have way too much money to spend on useless digital junk, ended up winning 3 days in a row. Now the new thing from Day 6, was that the second and third team would also get stuff (though instead of 30 members it was 20 and 10, and instead of 3 games it was 2 and 1), so really, technically, Team Purple also got second and third place since, meaning some of the members of the team got free games.

In my case I am on Team Green, so, yeah... voted on almost every single votes there was, got about 8 cards or so, sold all of them, couldn't care less, made $4 for my steam wallet. I would've made more if I were able to sell in the beginning, but since I had changed my password recently, Valve decided I couldn't touch the market for 7 days... so I couldn't sell anything until the 25th..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Obviously Team Red is full of rich jerks!11!!11!!!!!

I hope Team Purple wins OP, and then maybe Green. Or maybe that the winning teams decide to let the losers have a chance? :rolleyes:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Who cares who wins enless you were the top 30 spenders on the team when they won. I spent like $20 this time cuz im broke.

It was pretty lucrative for me. I bought a couple of small games with the money I got from selling those Summer Adventure Cards.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

its not supposed to be "fair" its a contest.... 

if everything was fair there would be soccer games with no ball....

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I was stupid enough to think the cards value would rise tpwards the end of the sale...

in theory that sounds like a wonderful idea.. xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Only the rich kids get free games anyways. Unless you spend like 100-500$ in a day you have zero chance of getting free games regardless if you won.