Are these temps accurate?

Hi

I am overclocking my cpu, and in AI suite, when I run prime 95, it instantly jumps the temps to 90 degrees, and then as soon as I stop prime95 it jumps back down to 30 degrees. This doesn't seem right to me.

I have a temp probe, but I don't know how to get accurate readings with it. I put it on my cpu waterblock, and with prime 95 running it showed 37 degrees. Is there some where special I can put it to get the most accurate reading?

Anyways I was wondering if these temps that AI suite is showing is accurate, in which case my overclock is obviously too high.

Thanks

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

Hi

I am overclocking my cpu, and in AI suite, when I run prime 95, it instantly jumps the temps to 90 degrees, and then as soon as I stop prime95 it jumps back down to 30 degrees. This doesn't seem right to me.

I have a temp probe, but I don't know how to get accurate readings with it. I put it on my cpu waterblock, and with prime 95 running it showed 37 degrees. Is there some where special I can put it to get the most accurate reading?

Anyways I was wondering if these temps that AI suite is showing is accurate, in which case my overclock is obviously too high.

Thanks

The most accurate way to measure the heat with the meter, would be have the probe between the block and cpu, a little risky but that's how.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Hi

Thanks

Yeah me too but i have a 4670k and my temps rise to 95 on IBT. i've tested it while gaming does not go over 65 so idk test yours would love to see what happens and Good Luck :D

Linus is Love.
Linus is LYFE.

Im pretty happy with this. Got 4.5 at 1.22V running at around 60 degrees across all cores after 1 hour of aida64. The aida64 temps seemed more reasonable.

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

Hi

Thanks

I would NOT recommend OC with those temps! Now, it may turn out to be ok, but anny temps over 90 is begging for your cpu to fry. But to answer the initial question; I don´t see annything wrong with that temp change, with the right cooler it is fully plausible for temps to vary 60 degrees celsius.