How to show an unfinished "website" to my friend?

Cy-Fy
Go to solution Solved by leodaniel,

So hello guys, I've been working on a small little project of making a website using html and css. However I can preview the website in chrome as all the files and the html file can be opened in chrome but how do I show this website to my friend over the internet??

Thanks very much

If all your paths are relative paths (which they should be!!), just send him all the files. Then he can easily open them in a webbrowser locally. 

So hello guys, I've been working on a small little project of making a website using html and css. However I can preview the website in chrome as all the files and the html file can be opened in chrome but how do I show this website to my friend over the internet??

Thanks very much

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

You can use team viewer, or you can get it setup on a hosting service for an hour so he can see it

There are free hosting solutions available such as http://www.000webhost.com/

If your running a windows box it's trivial to do it yourself; for example you can just add the IIS feature, drop the files in there do some configuration and give him it's external IP address + whatever configuration you did on the port and path. If you have a static IP then you have your own limited hosting solution else it's temporary.

In the case of Linux then just roll Apache.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Thanks very much

If all your paths are relative paths (which they should be!!), just send him all the files. Then he can easily open them in a webbrowser locally. 

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7

^This.

Zip it and Zap it over.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

^This.

Zip it and Zap it over.

Thanks very much guys, I'll do that!!

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+