Pacific Rim....a giant monster movie done right :)

Mistgrim

Just finished watching pacific rim....a little late i know. Honestly had my doubts that they could make a decent movie with mechs and giant monsters but i was soooo wrong. I'll even go so far as to say that i enjoyed that movie better than some of the others i've watched recently with A-list actors.....(side thought) This would make a great game if it was open world with elements of Titanfall and civilization.

I really liked it^^

I hate what they did to cherno alpha though..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It was great....except for the fact that the people in charge were idiots...

The kaiiju were coming from one--small--whole in the Pacific Ocean....so lets put giant robots in every city of the world....because keeping the robots centralized at the portal would be too smart. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just finished watching pacific rim....a little late i know. Honestly had my doubts that they could make a decent movie with mechs and giant monsters but i was soooo wrong. I'll even go so far as to say that i enjoyed that movie better than some of the others i've watched recently with A-list actors.....(side thought) This would make a great game if it was open world with elements of Titanfall and civilization.

Haven't watched it, think I should to this tomorrow :P

I didn't really care for it. The Kaiju designs were kinda neat, but that's as far as my praise goes. I'm sorry to have supported it in the theater.

I really liked it^^

I hate what they did to cherno alpha though..

Didn't even get to see the russians kick any ass....just get owned

it has the usual plot holes that most of these movies have...

really? youre gonna build a wall to keep the kaiju out? wtf are you thinking?

Did it really take that long to find that the portal only opens when monsters come out? not that hard of a stretch really... otherwise it was a more then decent movie tho

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Watched Thor Dark World and The Wolverine.....both of which i had high hopes for......and...i still managed to salvage a shred of hope, just a shred for any future marvel movie 

I liked it too, some people just take it too seriously, it's a movie of robots fighting big monsters, that's all there is to it. I enjoyed it very much.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Watched Thor Dark World and The Wolverine.....both of which i had high hopes for......and...i still managed to salvage a shred of hope, just a shred for any future marvel movie 

I've heard some people say Days of Future Past was better than The Avengers, so you might want to check that out.

I thought it looked kind of dumb, like they were just copying Transformers and Real Steel.

I should be studying.

I haven't seen it but from the trailers it just seemed like really not a single gun, cannon, or missile?

I haven't seen it but from the trailers it just seemed like really not a single gun, cannon, or missile?

Yeah really bothered me during the movie. Instead of just shooting the monsters with guns, they make huge robots that they think will punch (yes, punch with their bare robot fists) them to death.

Why not just drop something like a bunker buster on them, or use artillery? Why not give the robots proper weapons?

They gave it a really overpowered sword that they one-shot a monster with. Why did it took so long for them to take out that sword? Why not use your best weapon to begin with?

The movie reminded me a lot of Neon Genesis Evangelion, but in that show they were smart enough to give the "robots" proper weapons like guns and knives.

I thought Pacific Rim was decent. It's nice to see something new come out of Hollywood instead of the same old sequels.

The new Godzilla is a far better kaiju movie though.

Yeah really bothered me during the movie. Instead of just shooting the monsters with guns, they make huge robots that they think will punch (yes, punch with their bare robot fists) them to death.

Why not just drop something like a bunker buster on them, or use artillery? Why not give the robots proper weapons?

They gave it a really overpowered sword that they one-shot a monster with. Why did it took so long for them to take out that sword? Why not use your best weapon to begin with?

The movie reminded me a lot of Neon Genesis Evangelion, but in that show they were smart enough to give the "robots" proper weapons like guns and knives.

I thought Pacific Rim was decent. It's nice to see something new come out of Hollywood instead of the same old sequels.

The new Godzilla is a far better kaiju movie though.

Really all those mecha were just a waste when they could have made one ultra mobile Gun platform or put a MAC gun into orbit.

Saw it in IMAX 3D. Well worth the money. Great film.

COMIC SANS

Meh, the film did a good job having giant mechs fighting giant monsters which is fine if that's what you're looking for, but it doesn't do much else and is filled with numerous factual errors/plot holes/things that don't make any sense.

Meh, the film did a good job having giant mechs fighting giant monsters which is fine if that's what you're looking for, but it doesn't do much else and is filled with numerous factual errors/plot holes/things that don't make any sense.

Your killin my buzz man...killin it <_<