Case lighting suggestions.....

hoaxy32

Hi all, 

Need a few suggestions as I'm a little bit stuck on this one, I'm currently in the market to purchase some case lighting but I see there are many options to chose from and not really sure which ones to punt for.

I have a Corsair Air 540, currently my colour scheme is Red and black as I have the Asus Crosshair IV Formula, Asus HD7970 DirectCU II TOP and also SP120's that all hold this same colour scheme so would just like some good suggestions. 

Also I'm willing to spend a bit of money if its going to be a decent lighting kit.

Thanks in advance guys :)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.9 | MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: Vengeance RGB @ 3200 | HDD: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb nVME M.2 | GPU: Powercolor 5700XT | CASE: Corsair Crystal X570 | PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower RGB 750W | CPU COOLING: Full Custom EKWB CPU Water Loop | OS: Windows 10 Pro

pics?

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

White LED's will bring out the color. NO LED FANS

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

NZXT's RGB led is awesome, some say its not bright enough tho :/ i find it to be great

strip is in temp position while i mess around with things.. really need to update that picture.. i removed the corsair fans LONG ago..

I can do different colors if you have one you want to see :)

vn4rASS.jpg?1

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Bitfenix do some good LED strips as well

YOUR BASKET

1 x BitFenix Alchemy Premium Modding LED Strip - Connect White 60cm  £25.99

1 x BitFenix Alchemy Premium Modding LED Strip - Connect White 30cm  £16.79

Total : £45.76 (includes shipping : £2.48).

CM-061-BX_60.jpg CM-056-BX_60.jpg

To expensive, No idea why companies like this have such a high price. I make and sell LED's and so do a couple of people I know, and we are all cheaper than those companies.

I could sell the exact same as that for half the price.

My LED's are 20cm (12 housing with a total of 36 LED's), and only £6.99, and Shipping (within UK is £1, other places will be different).

Anyway I am not allowed to advertise my store here, but PLEASE look around for cheaper sites so you don't get ripped off.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Buy a roll of 5050 LED strip, (or 3528 if you want less light). cut to length and much cheaper.

Solder on a 12V molex plug. don't worry about making it dimmer, just use less strip!

only light up the good parts, do not wrap led strip all the way around your case. you need negative light. one strip on top is perfect for lighting up vrm, ram and cpu cooler.

'Cool White' LED is what you want since you already have color matching parts.

To expensive, No idea why companies like this have such a high price. I make and sell LED's and so do a couple of people I know, and we are all cheaper than those companies.

I could sell the exact same as that for half the price.

My LED's are 20cm (12 housing with a total of 36 LED's), and only £6.99, and Shipping (within UK is £1, other places will be different).

Anyway I am not allowed to advertise my store here, but PLEASE look around for cheaper sites so you don't get ripped off.

There is no doubt that they are more expensive. The same goes with braided cable extensions. Some people don't want the hassle of using a soldering iron etc so a ready made set is an option, albeit a more expensive one.

There is no doubt that they are more expensive. The same goes with braided cable extensions. Some people don't want the hassle of using a soldering iron etc so a ready made set is an option, albeit a more expensive one.

I know I am talking about ready make lighting. 

Myself and 2 other stores (cannot mention mine, ShakMods and IceModz) sell ready made LED lighting for computers, braided cable (custom cable length available) and a choice of connector, and its still half the price.  BitFenix and Lian LI strips are overpriced, Silverstones price is more reasonable but you don't get the high quality cable.

Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Hi all, 

Need a few suggestions as I'm a little bit stuck on this one, I'm currently in the market to purchase some case lighting but I see there are many options to chose from and not really sure which ones to punt for.

I have a Corsair Air 540, currently my colour scheme is Red and black as I have the Asus Crosshair IV Formula, Asus HD7970 DirectCU II TOP and also SP120's that all hold this same colour scheme so would just like some good suggestions. 

Also I'm willing to spend a bit of money if its going to be a decent lighting kit.

Thanks in advance guys  :)

@Bagmup Agreed, you get the option of making your own lengths, and sleeve it with your choice while saving the money. 

Just go on amazon or ebay and get a roll, of SMD 5050 LED's and if they are RGB add a controller to switch between colors and modes. 

Thanks for all these suggestions guys, really handy to find out what other people use and their experiences :) Ill post a picture of my current setup in a few mins or so

EDIT:

DSC01394

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.9 | MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: Vengeance RGB @ 3200 | HDD: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb nVME M.2 | GPU: Powercolor 5700XT | CASE: Corsair Crystal X570 | PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower RGB 750W | CPU COOLING: Full Custom EKWB CPU Water Loop | OS: Windows 10 Pro

I just bought 5 meters of white led for 5 bucks off of Ebay, be damned paying 15-20 bucks for 30cm of "PC lighting".

@Bagmup Agreed, you get the option of making your own lengths, and sleeve it with your choice while saving the money. 

Just go on amazon or ebay and get a roll, of SMD 5050 LED's and if they are RGB add a controller to switch between colors and modes. 

Some people don't want to do soldiering or adding connectors themselves, thats why stores like mine do it all for them for a cheaper price than the big names. Also buying through a site like mine you also get a warranty.

Addon Customs -

Some people don't want to do soldiering or adding connectors themselves, thats why stores like mine do it all for them for a cheaper price than the big names. Also buying through a site like mine you also get a warranty.

At least your's are custom and very reasonably priced, nice site :)

At least your's are custom and very reasonably priced, nice site :)

Thanks, Its really hard to get noticed, only launched it last week.

Addon Customs -

Fair point