Computer Won't detect OS anymore

LOST TALE
Go to solution Solved by LOST TALE,

Problem solved by myself:

What problem was:

''5. A partition that contains the MBR is no longer active.''

Bought a virgin CD and installed windows repair  from a win 7 computer via control panel (the utility that is inlcuded in win 7 installation)

Used Command prompt to fix detection with diskpart ->MBR trolled-> repair option and detection appears on next Cd boot -> ez process-> fixed!

The windows repair utility is good props to microsoft!

Very well compact comprehensible and it todesn't leave you in the dark!

Diagonstic:  Main cause: ( very very porabable)

4. An incompatible partition is marked as Active.

5. A partition that contains the MBR is no longer active.''

Os Windows 7 {64bit} (installed on HDD)

The correct boot device is selected in UEFI. 

Available Storage devices:  HDD

SSD

CD rom

Current plan:

1.Download a Windows 7 Os detection fixer onto my USB key OR a disk management utility.

2.Load the USB key in and with a line of command fix it.

I talked with  my friend, but none of us remember the correct name of the software (approx 100MB)

so what is the software I could use via USB fix?

Open to other options. I will soon move to clean comps on Gaming Cafe, I dont trust loading my SUB into this Comp, dont want to get things worse.

<<http://www.wondershare.com/fix-computer/fix-system-not-found.html>>

'' Most Possible  Least possible

1. The computer input/output system (BIOS) does not detect the hard disk drive.

2. The hard disk is damaged or corrupted.

3. Master Boot Record (MBR) on hard drive is broken. Note that some third-party programs or disk operations can damage an MBR.

4. An incompatible partition is marked as Active.

5. A partition that contains the MBR is no longer active.''

, no longer active ( this is very very possible that I messed this up just before next boot)

Préférences: DO NOT LOSE DATA, I know I can install Windows and keep old files in Windows.old folder.

I do not have Windows 7 OS CD

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

TEMP: So right now I am at a neigboor's computer, whcih is extremely slow and loaded with bloatware.

Préférences: DO NOT LOSE DATA, I know I can install Windows and keep old files in Windows.old folder.

I do not have Windows 7 OS CD

Diagonstic:

Os Windows 7 {64bit} (installed on HDD)

The correct boot device is selected in UEFI. 

Available Storage devices:  HDD

SSD

CD rom

Current plan:

1.Download a Windows 7 Os detection fixer onto my USB key

2.Load the USB key in and with a line of command fix it.

I talked with  my friend, but none of us remember the correct name of the software (approx 100MB)

so what is the software I could use via USB fix?

Open to other options. I will soon move to clean comps on Gaming Cafe, I dont trust loading my SUB into this Comp, dont want to get things worse.

Possible error cause: I compacted my SSD's partitions.

I set my SSD as active partition, then gogoled what it actually does, seeing the danger. I went and disabled it via CMD. Then it was back as before.

But I also disabled (wether or not it was enabled ( I think not) my big partition from being <<set as active partition<<.

My HDD has 3 partitions, 1 is the System core (100MB) then is the main partition aprox 900GB and then theres a 12 GB partition.

I dont think the story is that interesting so I made it small.

The next boot I ran into this problem

Just one question. Why haven't you got the OS installed on the SSD? It'd be way faster. I know that's not your concern ATM...but still.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Your HDD/ SSD is defective. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Just one question. Why haven't you got the OS installed on the SSD? It'd be way faster. I know that's not your concern ATM...but still.

I did not come here to discuss my choice of Os install, I know very well what my choice involved and I<m very happy. I want to use SSD space for other things.\Mydecision benefits me more.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Your HDD/ SSD is defective. 

No. MY HDD has been healthy and gave no signs of degradation

my SSd is almost new (6 months) and so on.

No. MY HDD has been healthy and gave no signs of degradation

my SSd is almost new (6 months) and so on.

No matter how healthy your HDD or SSD can be they can fail at any moment.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

No matter how healthy your HDD or SSD can be they can fail at any moment.

I know but just before the next problematic boot, I mssed in my Partitions, so please focus on the highest probability here.

I know but just before the next problematic boot, I mssed in my Partitions, so please focus on the highest probability here.

Have you tryed to reactivate the Master Boot Record or even try to repair the Master Boot Record?

If so try disconnecting 1 drive at a time besides your OS Drive and if it boots then you have a dead drive and it was preventing it from booting.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Have you tryed to reactivate the Master Boot Record or even try to repair the Master Boot Record?

If so try disconnecting 1 drive at a time besides your OS Drive and if it boots then you have a dead drive and it was preventing it from booting.

I have no idea how to repair Master Boot Record, I know almsot nothing about that.

I made sure in my BIOS that the only boot priority is my HDD with OS.

Side question: what is a hot plug option in BIOS? what does it do?

I have no idea how to repair Master Boot Record, I know almsot nothing about that.

I made sure in my BIOS that the only boot priority is my HDD with OS.

Side question: what is a hot plug option in BIOS? what does it do?

How to repair Master Boot Record: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/20864-mbr-restore-windows-7-master-boot-record.html

And hot plug means that if your case has a hot swap dock or bay it will allow you to swap drives with no issue and not having to restart your system everytime you want to swap a drive that has some data on it

|King Of The Lost|

:(:(:(

Can you guys focus on the real issue, I highlted it and everything.

Problem solved by myself:

What problem was:

''5. A partition that contains the MBR is no longer active.''

Bought a virgin CD and installed windows repair  from a win 7 computer via control panel (the utility that is inlcuded in win 7 installation)

Used Command prompt to fix detection with diskpart ->MBR trolled-> repair option and detection appears on next Cd boot -> ez process-> fixed!

The windows repair utility is good props to microsoft!

Very well compact comprehensible and it todesn't leave you in the dark!