Fitting on CPU block is leaking. Can't figure out why.

Edit : I couldn't really figure out why it was leaking. I suspect that the threading of the acrylic block was damaged, or not very good in the first place.

Against airdeano's advice, I added some threading tape, and epoxy glue. And it is holding water (for) now. Not the most elegant solution, but a part from getting a new block, I couldn't think of a better solution.

PSA : Avoid acrylic water blocks if you can! 

[/Edit]

Halp!

I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out how to fix my leak. 

Video of the leak

The instructions had big warnings not to use tools to tighten the fittings, so I just tighten them as good as I could with my fingers. Didn't go all crazy Hulk style on it either. Just tighten until it was tight.

Should I try and tighten it some more? Can I add some glue or something to it?

Any tips are appreciated!

List of equipment : 

Alphacool NexXxoS XP³ Light - Plexi Edition - Intel/AMD

Aquacomputer kryographics for GTX 680 acrylic glass edition

Alphacool NexXxoS NVXP back plate - Nvidia GTX680 - black

Arctic-Cooling thermal compound MX-4 Tube 20g

Laing D5-vannpumpe 12V D5-Vario 1/2 AG

XSPC Acrylic Tank Reservoir for Laing D5

Aquacomputer Double Protect Ultra â blue 1000ml

MagiCool XTREME DUAL 240 "Standard Bundle" mit 2x Be Quiet Case 

MagiCool XTREME SINGLE 120 "Standard Bundle" mit Be Quiet Case F

Alphacool Schlauch AlphaTube HF 13/10 (3/8"ID) - Klar

13/10mm (10x1,5mm) compression fitting 90? revolvable outer thr

13/10mm (10x1,5mm) compression fitting 45° revolvable outer th

13/10mm (10x1,5mm) compression fitting G1/4

13/10mm (10x1,5mm) compression fitting G1/4 T revolvable - bla

maybe a broken washer? or a crack in the plexi top of you block?

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Hmmm, yeah. I guess I have to drain out my system, and check for any cracks etc.

Can't recall there being any washers, or O-rings for that matter. Should there be? Or is it different from block to block?

Run the loop outside of your system with distilled water to find the leak.

Run the loop outside of your system with distilled water to find the leak.

I have nailed down pretty accurate where the leak is. I just don't really understand why it is leaking there. I have installed all the fittings in the same way, and this is the only one leaking. 

Is the rubber oring split or broken? there could be a crack but if its directly comming from the fitting try swappiung it with a fitting from somewhere else to see if it still leaks if it does its the block not the fitting

I have nailed down pretty accurate where the leak is. I just don't really understand why it is leaking there. I have installed all the fittings in the same way, and this is the only one leaking.

Tighten the fitting using pliers and a rag.

Unfortunately, the only way to really be sure is to drain the loop and check the fitting area.  Like everyone else is mentioning, faulty O-ring, cracked block, who knows...  At least we know where the leak is, gonna have to pull it apart to be really sure.  All my compressions in my loop are hand tightened, so if you're gonna go pliers and a rag, don't crank too much =)

It looks like you need a fitting spacer in order for the o-ring to seal properly on the block. The O-ring probably isn't being pushed down and not forming a seal. The fitting is bottoming out before a seal is being formed. Tightening won't help, at best it wont help, at worst you could damage the block.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

What liquid are you using

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Either the O-ring is busted or the fitting itself has a problem.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Hmmm, yeah. I guess I have to drain out my system, and check for any cracks etc.

Can't recall there being any washers, or O-rings for that matter. Should there be? Or is it different from block to block?

How'd you go with this? There should definitely be an o'ring on the fitting, it also looks like the hex on the fitting is bottoming out on the block before a water tight seal is formed.

After further investigation, there is offcourse an o-ring on the fittings. Both the O-ring and the block seem to be in good condition.

Nothing to indicate that an O-ring shouldn't make a good seal.

The fittings have 4mm threads, and the manual for the block said not to use fittings with longer threads than 5mm.

Are there any glue, or similar I could apply to create a seal?

Edit: Been testing it by sucking through one fitting, and sealing the other with my finger. Turns out it is only leaking when tightened hard. If I losely tighten it, it is sealed. Not sure I want to install it like that though, as just the weight of the tubing might turn it out of a "sealed position"..

Are there any glue, or similar I could apply to create a seal?

nope. the o-ring is the "seal". if you have to use a sealant, something is wrong with fitting and/or block.

I still think the hex on the fitting is bottoming out before the o'ring seals.

You might need to put a 5mm extension fitting on it first or something to get that hex away from the block.

Get another O-ring, if that still does not fix the problem, replace the fitting.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "