Fried HD7770...Need help... Read question too not just poll! Please.

GloriousPain

Well my HD 7770 finally died xD I was expecting this however but it came right after I had spent some money so yeah my Main rig(in sig) it's graphics cards dead and I'm unable to replace it with just another one either and I'm curious what will happen with drivers if i just throw in a new card also which card i've narrowed my choices down to just a couple Gonna make a poll... Note:I've never had a part fail other than a hard drive so I've never had to replace a part in an existing build anything I need to know

Edit: added 750Ti SC, and 260x to poll...
Later edit added 250 cause I have another build APU based that I could DG with 250 after I upgrade this fall.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

I'd go for the R7 265 as it's $10-$15 more than the 750ti depending on were you live and performs better than the 750ti.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I'd go for the R7 265 as it's $10-$15 more than the 750ti depending on were you live and performs better than the 750ti.

Won't fit in case PCB is too long xD also did you even read my original post? there was another question...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

750 Ti, replacing your GPU is really easy, just make sure your careful with (dis)connecting cables and the placing the GPU in its slot. Another thing: Download your driver for your GPU off the interwebz, the one on the disc you'll get is outdated.

I hope this helps ;)

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

750 Ti, replacing your GPU is really easy, just make sure your careful with (dis)connecting cables and the placing the GPU in its slot. Another thing: Download your driver for your GPU off the interwebz, the one on the disc you'll get is outdated.

I hope this helps ;)

O.o I've built a computer and installed drivers before I am more worried about getting rid of the old ones/ I've heard of incompatabilities from friends xD but most of those stories are a bit old so it's just plug and play &install drivers? ifso good xD I've never upgraded before always just built and replaced...

O.o I've built a computer and installed drivers before I am more worried about getting rid of the old ones/ I've heard of incompatabilities from friends xD but most of those stories are a bit old so it's just plug and play &install drivers? ifso good xD I've never upgraded before always just built and replaced...

I use IObit uninstaller to remove drivers, they have an advanced scan which finds leftover files, works almost perfectly. Then just reboot after uninstalling your old driver and install the new drivers. Works for me.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I use IObit uninstaller to remove drivers, they have an advanced scan which finds leftover files, works almost perfectly. Then just reboot after uninstalling your old driver and install the new drivers. Works for me.

I'd do that after installing/putting in the new graphics card right? as currently i'd be unable due to lack of ability to see .-.

I'd do that after installing/putting in the new graphics card right? as currently i'd be unable due to lack of ability to see .-.

Yeah, when your new card is in your rig Windows will recognize it and give you a low res (VGA quality I think) default driver which gives you the ability to kinda use your screen to uninstall your old GPU driver and install the new one.

I hope this makes sense, English isn't my native language ;)

Yeah, when your new card is in your rig Windows will recognize it and give you a low res (VGA quality I think) default driver which gives you the ability to kinda use your screen to uninstall your old GPU driver and install the new one.

I hope this makes sense, English isn't my native language ;)

You speak better english than most of my friends xD