Controller support in the LEGO games any good?

snes

Now that the LEGO games are on sale on Steam, I'm wondering if I should get a few of them. Did anyone try any of those games with a generic gamepad or a DualShock/PlayStation adapter?

I do have a 360 controller, but I do not own the wireless adapter for the PC and I'm afraid that this one wouldn't work too well with my setup. (Too much shielding from the metal case, maybe.)

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

There are no complex controls so using a controller should work perfectly. I played LEGO Marvel just fine with wired 360 controller.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

The games are also released on console so the controls should be fine.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

All LEGO games are actually intended to be played with a controller. As far as what controller to use, get a wired 360 or XBox One controller or the wireless adapter for the wireless 360 controller you already have. Not sure what "shielding" you are referring to, but the wireless adapter plugs into any USB port and has a long cable so you can put the receiver where ever you want.

The Sony Dual Shock controllers have zero support for Windows. There are user created workarounds, but they do not always work.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194