Sky Go plans £5 monthly price hike for games consoles

Rafy

Sky will remove the ability to use its Sky Go service from games consoles on July 29, unless users are willing to pay £5 more per month for Sky Go Extra.

Up until now, Sky Go has been available across a wide range of devices, including tablets, smartphone and the Xbox 360.

Those used to watching Sky via their Xbox will need to sign up for the premium version of the service - Sky Go Extra - in order to continue watching it.

Sky Go Extra offers additional functionality, however, including the ability to download shows to watch offline and use Sky Go on up to four devices.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a579609/sky-go-plans-gbp5-monthly-price-hike-for-games-consoles.html

So this used to be free on consoles and now they are asking for another sub of 5 GBP on top of the previous one just for consoles.

I am curious to see if Sky in Italy will do the same, as Sky Go is available here too.

sky are idiots, less and less people use them and they are raising the price, such foolishness.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I will always know Sky as the guys who sued anyone who used any name that had "Sky" in the beginning. They forced Microsoft to change "SkyDrive" to "OneDrive". They forced a TV channel in my country to change it's name because it had "Sky" in it.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Sky are utter shit. You pay loads for their TV service which has crap picture quality, their TV boxes are slow and the UI is dreadful. When they where our ISP we got 182Kb/s download 50KB/s upload. This was just a few years ago. They also managed to throttle us, somehow they managed to throttle a painfully slow connection.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

So to combat the vastly superior VoD services like Netflix and Hulu, they are taking a look at their tactics and doing....the exact opposite....for....reasons?

-------

Current Rig

-------

The only people who still seem to care about Sky are the soccer fans.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.