mx blacks vs blues vs browns

Dexterity

Hello,

I am wondering how does cherry mx blacks compare to the brown and blues

I know I like the blues they feel good, but they are loud for my taste or atleast it will be too loud for people around me, and browns are good enough and quiet.

I saw a deal for tt esports mechanical keyboard with mx-blacks and they are ending today.

Meka G: $60 after mail in rebate and promo code

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=YsnH-r5aEeKUr6b68wo-pA0_w6xY3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16823162016&cm_sp=

Do you think this is worth it?

It looks nice, all black, very basic looking, and full sized keyboard.

the only bad thing that might bother me is that the backwards L shaped enter key and smaller shift key, but I think I can get used to it.

Edit: or do you guys think I should just get sometihng like a Coolermaster CM Storm Quickfire Pro with mx browns. that sometimes go on sale for $60

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

My preference would be to go with the CoolerMaster Quickfire Pro MX Brown if it goes on sale.  

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

My preference would be to go with the CoolerMaster Quickfire Pro MX Brown if it goes on sale.  

yea, I was going to wait for that deal to come back when its $60 again. but do you know how blacks are compared to browns?

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Though I admit Blues are quite loud, you can always fit O - Rings to dampen the sound.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Though I admit Blues are quite loud, you can always fit O - Rings to dampen the sound.

It kills the feel quite a bit, to be honest. I had O-Rings for quite a while, but I took them off and decided to just learn how to glide the actuation point.

The keys/switches make noises at different stages.  Don't confuse the artificial click designed into blues with the general sound that mechanical switches & keys make.  All mechanical switches & keys produce noise whether its the switch actuation or the return of the switch & key when it pops back up.  This is not to be confused with the artificial click of the blues midway between these two other noises.  You wouldn't put O-rings on a blue to dampen the artificial click noise in my view.  You would put them on Browns or Reds to dampen the clack though.  Hope that makes sense.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

The keys/switches make noises at different stages.  Don't confuse the artificial click designed into blues with the general sound that mechanical keys make.  All mechanical keys produce noise whether its the switch actuation or the return of the key when it pops back up.  This is not to be confused with the artificial click of the blues midway between these two other noises.  You wouldn't put O-rings on a blue to dampen the artificial click noise in my view.  You would put them on Browns or Reds to dampen the clack though.  Hope that makes sense.

that make sense :)

blacks aren't louder than browns.

they are a stiff mx red.

thats good to know :) hmm I am still debating.

Well, I have three Reds, a Blue, a Black and a Brown.....most pleasant to type on is the Blue. The click it produces is beginning to annoy me a bit, but I can bear with it for the overall good feel of typing with it. May be it's just me, but I don't like gaming with the Blue I have, a CM Storm Quick Fire TK, I can't get a proper feel of it (for want of a better term). Double tapping to quickly launch myself from a sudden attack (playing UT3) is a tad harder than with my other switch types. Don't get me wrong, many are playing games very nicely with Blues, I guess it's just me.

The Reds are pretty light, too light and too sensitive, I tend to make more typos with it, but I really like it when it comes to gaming. The Black feels like a stiffer/heavier Red, I would rate typing on it as better than with Red (less typos since it takes a little more pressure to hit the actuation point), but certainly not as good as the Blue for typing. But for gaming, I rather like it....

The Brown is basically an all rounder to me, it lacks the clicks of the Blue, but is tactile, that is, you'd feel a slight bump when you depress the key. It has a similar feel to Blue, similar but not quite the same. I find it great for typing, and for gaming as well.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

The Quickfire TK and the G710+ are great keyboards. Currently using the G710+ and it is pretty nice.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Well, I have three Reds, a Blue, a Black and a Brown.....most pleasant to type on is the Blue. The click it produces is beginning to annoy me a bit, but I can bear with it for the overall good feel of typing with it. May be it's just me, but I don't like gaming with the Blue I have, a CM Storm Quick Fire TK, I can't get a proper feel of it (for want of a better term). Double tapping to quickly launch myself from a sudden attack (playing UT3) is a tad harder than with my other switch types. Don't get me wrong, many are playing games very nicely with Blues, I guess it's just me.

The Reds are pretty light, too light and too sensitive, I tend to make more typos with it, but I really like it when it comes to gaming. The Black feels like a stiffer/heavier Red, I would rate typing on it as better than with Red (less typos since it takes a little more pressure to hit the actuation point), but certainly not as good as the Blue for typing. But for gaming, I rather like it....

The Brown is basically an all rounder to me, it lacks the clicks of the Blue, but is tactile, that is, you'd feel a slight bump when you depress the key. It has a similar feel to Blue, similar but not quite the same. I find it great for typing, and for gaming as well.

yea I am leaning towards the Browns, but do you know anything about the blacks?

The Quickfire TK and the G710+ are great keyboards. Currently using the G710+ and it is pretty nice.

yep! I was eyeing that G710+ for a while, but its so expensive. I might just wait for a deal. for the browns.

oh they extended the deal until the end of this month! so I guess I have until the end of the month to decide if I should just get these mx blacks or wait for some mx browns for gaming.

I say you try both the blacks and browns down at your local retail shop like NCIX or a Microcenter. We can sit here telling you all about how they feel when we game with them or type with them but it's all preference. You have to experience the different key switched before you decide.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I would go for the browns man, the blacks have a high accuation force and therefore after a long time of tryping on them your fingers can get a bit stiff... Browns look good, but I have never used them so... I have only used reds and blacks so far :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I would go for the browns man, the blacks have a high accuation force and therefore after a long time of tryping on them your fingers can get a bit stiff... Browns look good, but I have never used them so... I have only used reds and blacks so far :D

I wish I knew what it was like to get tired fingers from typing. I'm completely unable to sympathize with it because I've never gotten to experience it.

I'm currently using MX Blacks and would actually like to try something stiffer. Unfortunately MX Super Blacks/Super Greys don't seem to be in the ecosystem yet and I don't think Dark Greys would be "stiffer" enough.

I say you try both the blacks and browns down at your local retail shop like NCIX or a Microcenter. We can sit here telling you all about how they feel when we game with them or type with them but it's all preference. You have to experience the different key switched before you decide.

good sugguestion! :) I think I have tried the browns, red, blues at the Microcenter. but I dont know if I tried the blacks, because I dont know the specific keyboards that are cherry blacks.

maybe I will go back to try them again.

I wish I knew what it was like to get tired fingers from typing. I'm completely unable to sympathize with it because I've never gotten to experience it.

I'm currently using MX Blacks and would actually like to try something stiffer. Unfortunately MX Super Blacks/Super Greys don't seem to be in the ecosystem yet and I don't think Dark Greys would be "stiffer" enough.

You obviously have POWER FINGERS given from the heavens  XD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?