canon 600D or 1200D

Go to solution Solved by Bsmith,

Dude they are WAY more differences between the cameras

For example the 600d has an external mic jack, the 1200d does not

Honestly the 600d is a much better camera, the ONLY trick the 1200 has its continuous auto focus during video, but generally you want to se manual focus when shooting video for best results, 

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-600d-vs-Canon-EOS-1200D

I see, thanks.

I finally got my head together and decided to get a 1200D tommorow, this since a small shop nearby has it on sale currently for €369 including the 18-55mm lens and the option of €25,- cashback form canon(didnt include the 600D) or a workshop.

But still many thanks for the support, it helped a little with a better view for me.

Hello,

I'm about the get a new DSLR, coming form a canon 350D and already having a lens or two made it easy for me on the next brand.

But now i'm stuck at what model to choose, a older canon 600D or the newer(and cheaper) 1200D.

Being on a budget (€450,- max) makes this still a hard decission since the 600D has a few functionalities the 1200D doesn't have.

600D exlusives:

-rotating screen.

-self cleaning CMOS sensor.

1200D exclusives:

-2 kinds of stabalization tricks build in.

-smartphone app.

Further on they are truelly identical to each other in functionality(mp, recording, sound, pictures per second and so on)

besides these small things, the older 600d starts at €409,- with a  EF-S 18-55mm DC III lens(€447,90 body only, other retailer)

and the newer 1200D at €304,28, with just the body and €395,23 with the same lens as the 600D.

Having a good alround lens(55-220mm) with stabalizer build-in makes already one point of the 1200D pretty useless to me, but that also counts for the rotating screen on the 600D wich actually is only usefull when traveling since you are able to rotate it backwards sso that it is protected.

with those two eliminated there still the self cleaning sensor and the smartphone app. both of them sound quite usefull and useless at the same time for me, since the sensor cleaning isn't needed when you barely switch lenses and the app, ehmm yeah form what i read about it mainly being a manual/guide on how to take advantage of certain situations.

So these two DSLR's being nearly identical to each other and weighing out their advantages and disadvantages without it having any real effect on the scale, That is why I am aking what you guys would take as DSLR, the newer(and slightly cheaper) 1200D or the older(not more produced) 600D.

So please LTT, let me know what you guys think of these DSLRs and what your own experiences are if you have these, would love to hear them.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Ask yourself this, is the rotating screen and self cleaning sensor worth 100 euros?

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Ask yourself this, is the rotating screen and self cleaning sensor worth 100 euros?

the question i ahve already been pondering for a week or two, that's why i decided to ask some help here.

Honestly the 600d is a much better camera, the ONLY trick the 1200 has its continuous auto focus during video, but generally you want to se manual focus when shooting video for best results, 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I see, thanks.

I finally got my head together and decided to get a 1200D tommorow, this since a small shop nearby has it on sale currently for €369 including the 18-55mm lens and the option of €25,- cashback form canon(didnt include the 600D) or a workshop.

But still many thanks for the support, it helped a little with a better view for me.

> comes to forum for advice

> disregards advice

>implying

at the moment i posted my other post there where 2 opposing possibilites and 2 votes on the poll, both on the other product.

So actually I followed some advice and some not.

Since I will be mostly photographing the external microphone jack on the 600D didn't really bother me, so yeah.