Xbox One Controller Problem

Go to solution Solved by d3nia1,

So it just must have been that one controller because I just tried it with a friends controller and just like you said, I plugged it in and it installed the drivers and worked! So the controller just must have been faulty. Thanks for all the help guys!

Hi so I just bought an Xbox One controller to use with my gaming PC. In installed the drivers and the x86 drivers just gave me an error message (I am running windows 7 64 bit). So I tried to install the x64 drivers and it installed sucessfully. But when I plug in my controller, nothing happens. The controller doesn't work. If I press the Xbox symbol the light comes on so I know that the batteries or something aren't dead. I have it hooked up through the mini USB. I have tried usb 3.0 and 2.0 and nothing works. What is the problem?

Burn it

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Burn it

iDZaRstfrn1kr.gif

Isn't the Xbox One controller like 60 bucks? Kinda wasteful in my opinion.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

It won't do anything till you're in game

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Burn it

iDZaRstfrn1kr.gif

Isn't the Xbox One controller like 60 bucks? Kinda wasteful in my opinion.

Not helpful what so ever ....

When you get into a game it should work. It wont work on the desktop like a mouse. Good luck man!

There are no drivers to install, the 360 controller is plug and play with Windows. Uninstall whatever it is you did install, restart your computer and plug the 360 controller in again. It will automatically unpack the necessary files that are already included in Windows and you're done.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Biggest problem would be Microsofts driver software. But you can test if it works with that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There are no drivers to install, the 360 controller is plug and play with Windows. Uninstall whatever it is you did install, restart your computer and plug the 360 controller in again. It will automatically unpack the necessary files that are already included in Windows and you're done.

Did you even read the title?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Not helpful what so ever ....

When you get into a game it should work. It wont work on the desktop like a mouse. Good luck man!

I know it doesn't work like a mouse. But even when I get in game it doesn't work. I have even tried it on my second gaming pc (Windows 7 64bit) and the x86 drivers failed again so I tried the x64 drivers and it installed sucessfully. It still doesn't work though. I have tried to look in the manage device menu and I cannot find one for Xbox One controller.

I'm not sure the Xbox One controller is supported natively by Windows 7...

Have you tried this? http://majornelson.com/2014/06/05/pc-drivers-for-the-xbox-one-controller-available-now/

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

yes that is where i downloaded the drivers.

all i did was plug in my controller and it worked! remove any drivers.

Did you even read the title?

Doesn't matter, it's the same thing. Windows was patched for the XBox One controller, there are no separate drivers that you need to download and install first. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

• 2 weeks later...

So it just must have been that one controller because I just tried it with a friends controller and just like you said, I plugged it in and it installed the drivers and worked! So the controller just must have been faulty. Thanks for all the help guys!