Pretty reservoirs?

So just hoping for a couple of suggestions for what you guys recommend for a reservoir. 

Afaik, the reservoir does nothing but provide water for the loop and therefore shouldn't have any performance differences between models/brands except to get stuff that isn't made of aluminium etc etc. So i'm just looking around to see what looks awesome ...

I personally love the look of these FrozenQ Helix tanks (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14243/ex-res-312/FrozenQ_Liquid_Fusion_Dual_Bay_Reservoir_-_Acrylic_-_Fluorescent_Red_Helix.html?tl=g30c97s1110)

Any other suggestions?

I like the XSPC ones with the single tube in the middle for lighting

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So just hoping for a couple of suggestions for what you guys recommend for a reservoir. 

Afaik, the reservoir does nothing but provide water for the loop and therefore shouldn't have any performance differences between models/brands except to get stuff that isn't made of aluminium etc etc. So i'm just looking around to see what looks awesome ...

I personally love the look of these FrozenQ Helix tanks (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14243/ex-res-312/FrozenQ_Liquid_Fusion_Dual_Bay_Reservoir_-_Acrylic_-_Fluorescent_Red_Helix.html?tl=g30c97s1110)

Any other suggestions?

If you want 'all of the lights' (not sure you'll get that reference) and flashiness, XS-PC. If you just want a cool looking sleek look. I recommend a pump/res combo from bitspower. I'll put the links in a sec. You'll need the upgrade kit, a pump top and a D5.

Upgrade kit: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16077/ex-res-370/Bitspower_Dual_Single_D5_Top_Upgrade_Kit_150_-_Black_BP-D5TOPUK150P-BKBKCL.html

Pump top: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12199/ex-pmp-122/Bitspower_D5_MCP655_Extreme_Pump_Mod_Top_V2_-_Acetal_BP-D5TOPP2EX-BK.html

It's pretty expensive tho :P.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

If you want 'all of the lights' (not sure you'll get that reference) and flashiness, XS-PC. If you just want a cool looking sleek look. I recommend a pump/res combo from bitspower. I'll put the links in a sec. You'll need the upgrade kit, a pump top and a D5.

Upgrade kit: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16077/ex-res-370/Bitspower_Dual_Single_D5_Top_Upgrade_Kit_150_-_Black_BP-D5TOPUK150P-BKBKCL.html

Pump top: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12199/ex-pmp-122/Bitspower_D5_MCP655_Extreme_Pump_Mod_Top_V2_-_Acetal_BP-D5TOPP2EX-BK.html

It's pretty expensive tho :P.

Oh nice, cheers! And yeah a little on the pricey side but may just mean some extra saving up lol .. Those XS-PC ones do look pretty awesome, esp as I'm a total sucker for LEDs  :D

For bay reservoirs, the Monsoon Series 2 Premium M2 D5 is the best hands down!

Here is a short review of Lauren from TastyPC.

Oh wow, that looks sweet!

Btw, advantages of bay reservoirs over the vertical tube types?

Oh nice, cheers! And yeah a little on the pricey side but may just mean some extra saving up lol .. Those XS-PC ones do look pretty awesome, esp as I'm a total sucker for LEDs  :D

Oh wow, that looks sweet!

Btw, advantages of bay reservoirs over the vertical tube types?

The tubular res have more capacity (often), meaning you fill and bleed your loop easier. They also look really cool.

Personally I think the decision of going with tube or bay res, depends on the loop you are planning and on which case it is. Sometimes getting a Bay res can simplify things a lot, on some cases getting a large radiator on the top, and leaving the 5.25" bays empty gets you a nicer loop. 

The tubular res have more capacity (often), meaning you fill and bleed your loop easier. They also look really cool.

Personally I think the decision of going with tube or bay res, depends on the loop you are planning and on which case it is. Sometimes getting a Bay res can simplify things a lot, on some cases getting a large radiator on the top, and leaving the 5.25" bays empty gets you a nicer loop. 

Hmm good advice. I currently have a nzxt phantom 820 case, and i've seen a lot of people mount a vertical res on the rear panel next to the gpu or between the mobo and the drive bays, think that's probably the safest route.

Hmm good advice. I currently have a nzxt phantom 820 case, and i've seen a lot of people mount a vertical res on the rear panel next to the gpu or between the mobo and the drive bays, think that's probably the safest route.

The phantom 820 has a lot of room, the tube res on the back will fit and look good. :)

-snip-

Do you own it or know someone that does? It looks gorgeous, I prefer the looks on bay reservoirs.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Do you own it or know someone that does? It looks gorgeous, I prefer the looks on bay reservoirs.

You mean the Phantom 820? A friend of mine has it, it's a MASSIVE sexy case.

The bay res on the video? No, but I was stocked when I saw it, monsoon always makes pretty stuff.

You mean the Phantom 820? A friend of mine has it, it's a MASSIVE sexy case.

The bay res on the video? No, but I was stocked when I saw it, monsoon always makes pretty stuff.

I apologize, I snipped but didn't say what I was asking about. Yes, about the Monsoon Series 2 Premium M2 D5, I googled that brand... they seem like a very respectable brand, I like it, thanks for sharing.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p