Proud New Owner! (SP3)

SrN95

Well, I finally got it!

I walked into my local Best Buy at 10a.m. Everything was seemingly normal, so I walked towards to section of the store where I knew the Surface Pro's are kept, and out of no where, I'm swarmed by employees and a Microsoft rep (swarmed in a good way), they had balloons, party hats, even a Surface Pro cake!

The Microsoft rep asked me a few questions about why I was choosing the Surface Pro 3 and I explained that it was the ideal device for a soon to be college student. We then all posed for a picture with my new Surface Pro 3 in hand. (we as in a few Best Buy employees, my girl friend, and the Microsoft rep)

Overall, was a great experience! I was hesitant to go to Best Buy, but was astounded at how great it was!

http://imgur.com/a/7ZCqR#0

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

Lol wtf that sounds super awkward i would hate to be bombarded with people because i bought something wtf it sounds like there super desperate and were like omg finally someone is buying one.

Lol wtf that sounds super awkward i would hate to be bombarded with people because i bought something wtf it sounds like there super desperate and were like omg finally someone is buying one.

I was ready to leave towards the end lol, but I do think I was the first one, I got there just as they were opening

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

How does 16:9 media play back? 

The screen is 3:2 >.> 

for 1080p/720p how does it look?

How does 16:9 media play back? 

The screen is 3:2 >.> 

for 1080p/720p how does it look?

I looks fine, you just have a small black bar across the bottom and top of the screen.

I looks fine, you just have a small black bar across the bottom and top of the screen.

So instead of two bars it is just one? that isn't bad.

I would ask how your battery is .. but it is too soon to ask.

Also if you are willing to a picture of the black bar size would be awesome.

So instead of two bars it is just one? that isn't bad.

I would ask how your battery is .. but it is too soon to ask.

Also if you are willing to a picture of the black bar size would be awesome.

sorry my working my have been kinda weird, but there are two small bars across the bottom and top. I'll take a pic in 1 sec.

sorry my working my have been kinda weird, but there are two small bars across the bottom and top. I'll take a pic in 1 sec.

http://imgur.com/1jo4olQ

I tried to outline it with red to make it a little clearer lol, but you get the point

http://imgur.com/1jo4olQ

I tried to outline it with red to make it a little clearer lol, but you get the point

that isn't awful, thanks :D

I just need to wait for battery life reports but I am 99% sure I am getting a surface pro 3.. just not sure the model.. 

that isn't awful, thanks :D

I just need to wait for battery life reports but I am 99% sure I am getting a surface pro 3.. just not sure the model.. 

I went for the 256gb i5.

The battery (so far) has lasted ~5 hours, but keep in mind I had it at full brightness, constantly messing with it. I'd expect 7-8 with normal use though. 

Please install League of Legends and see how it runs on highest settings. I'll paypal you 5 dollars for a video. I must know, cuz me wants. 

I went for the 256gb i5.

The battery (so far) has lasted ~5 hours, but keep in mind I had it at full brightness, constantly messing with it. I'd expect 7-8 with normal use though. 

Awesome, do you happen to use Plex? 

If you do does Plex Home Theater work?  (If you don't use plex don't bother setting it up or installing I'm not worried.. the devs will fix bugs if there are any)

Please install League of Legends and see how it runs on highest settings. I'll paypal you 5 dollars for a video. I must know, cuz me wants. 

http://us.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/28oz6c/gpu_throttling_info/ 

it seems like there are some throttling issues on the gpu getting too hot, as you will see in that reddit post

Awesome, do you happen to use Plex? 

If you do does Plex Home Theater work?  (If you don't use plex don't bother setting it up or installing I'm not worried.. the devs will fix bugs if there are any)

I do use Plex! and so far it runs like a champ! communicates between my phone, desktop, and even chromecast.

You bought it or you got it?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

You bought it or you got it?

both, lol. Bought and received yesterday.

both, lol. Bought and received yesterday.

Well , I meant If you got it for free. Though I guess you ordered it and went to pick it up? It only occured to me now.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Well , I meant If you got it for free. Though I guess you ordered it and went to pick it up? It only occured to me now.

hahah, yes, I bought it (with graduation money, for use in college next year)

hahah, yes, I bought it (with graduation money, for use in college next year)

Congrats! Do a review?

Spoiler

I do use Plex! and so far it runs like a champ! communicates between my phone, desktop, and even chromecast.

Awesome. 

I actually have only had issues with plex twice..

With Chromecast I still get issues sometimes with my large 1080p large blu-ray movies (normally with old grainy movies it is hard to make them smaller without noticeable quality loss) like around ~20gb ...

Also with my brother's atom (not baytrail) laptop  (one of those laptop/keyboard combos) on anything at like 6mbs bitrate or higher. (using PHT because anime doesn't work correctly unless you direct play it)

Congrats! Do a review?

Perhaps when I get some more use, as of right now, I'm extremely impressed. The flexibility is nice, I'm able to consume content while laying in bed as a tablet (youtube, twitch, even kindle books) then get actual stuff done when I snap on the keyboard, or take notes with the pen.

Congratz seems like it's going to be an awesome device for college. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

if they did this to me i would be like "staph please staph,no i dont want to answer to any questions ,i have to pay AND talk to strangers?,NO i don't want to talk to you " there is actually a shop where i live and the employs are just like that (almost) you will walk past the cell phone section without even doing a glance at any device and at least 2 employs  will approach you and ask you if you are looking for a device ,too bad it has huge stock so sometimes if i want something this month i have to go there

-Edit:forgot to even say congratulations  lol :) hope you enjoy it 

I'm not sure if I am going to pick up a pen.. and I assume it isn't included.. it looks like it is $50

I'm not sure if I am going to pick up a pen.. and I assume it isn't included.. it looks like it is $50

Pen is included.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I guess Microsoft likes to celebrate when someone finally buys their tablet.