STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

I feel your pain! I only have 10 dollars to work with...I get paid three weeks from now. :(

Ten to last 3 weeks? What have you done with the rest? :blink:

I... I don't even have a rig yet that can run anything...

giphy.gif

I still have 'till the end of June...

Kzv6did.gif

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Ten to last 3 weeks? What have you done with the rest? :blink:

The rest is for bills, vet visits, and food. These things are really expensive where I live. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Bought Witcher 2.

Have to say, looking good so far.

The rest is for bills, vet visits, and food. These things are really expensive where I live. :(

Food expensive too huh, well good luck with whatever animal needs the vet. :)

Bought Witcher 2.

Have to say, looking good so far.

You just spent some of the best few bucks in your game library IMHO.

Was only 4 euros! Super steal.

Though there is so much stuff to remember, bit complicated, potions, signs, daggers, traps, bombs, stop it already.

Was only 4 euros! Super steal.

60 hours of gameplay easily right there, after you play it once you'll want to play again because about 2/3 of the story (and location access) is different depending on an early choice.

Game is so slick, I know I'm fangirling but I really like Witcher 2 lol, mega pumped for 3 and you prob will be too if you like a good RPG.

60 hours of gameplay easily right there, after you play it once you'll want to play again because about 2/3 of the story (and location access) is different depending on an early choice.

Game is so slick, I know I'm fangirling but I really like Witcher 2 lol, mega pumped for 3 and you prob will be too if you like a good RPG.

Put 262 hours into Skyrim, Got sick of it.

Witcher 2 seems a bit different, which is good.

Put 262 hours into Skyrim, Got sick of it.

Witcher 2 seems a bit different, which is good.

I only made it to 120hr or something of Skyrim, it's huge but there's not much actually in the massive world apart from the main quest and the major side quests, the rest is just a huge expanse of samey dungeons IMHO.

Witcher 2 isn't as big but there's a lot more density to the world, as an RPG it's much better IMO.

Man, Witcher is only 2$. What a deal!

Yea, but at least, if anything, I'll have ten dollars to spend instead of nothing (and maybe I can hold out a few more dollars).  And thanks, my dog's visit should go smoothly I think. :D

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Man, Witcher is only 2$. What a deal!

Yea, but at least, if anything, I'll have ten dollars to spend instead of nothing (and maybe I can hold out a few more dollars).  And thanks, my dog's visit should go smoothly I think. :D

I was about to say grab Witcher 2, but then I looked at your profile and see you have no GPU!?

Tell me this is a lie lol, btw I'm probably going to read your democracy spiel at some point. :D

I was about to say grab Witcher 2, but then I looked at your profile and see you have no GPU!?

Tell me this is a lie lol, btw I'm probably going to read your democracy spiel at some point. :D

@Albatross could just be stocking on games which is what I have done and will continue to do until the rig is ever bought... Or she never bothered to update her profile and sig. Lazy bird.  :P

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

It is true, no GPU. I had enough money at one point to purchase a R9 270 but my dog had some kind of abnormal swelling in his stomach so I had to get him in surgery to get it drained. I am saving up though. :)

I hope you enjoy it then. The quotes make for a good read. :D

@Albatross could just be stocking on games which is what I have done and will continue to do until the rig is ever bought... Or she never bothered to update her profile and sig. Lazy bird.  :P

Correct on the former. I'm stocking up but I can play some of my games on my iGPU very well. In which, of course, I don't own a lot of games to begin with. I only really started using Steam last year.

It is true, no GPU. I had enough money at one point to purchase a R9 270 but my dog had some kind of abnormal swelling in his stomach so I had to get him in surgery to get it drained. I am saving up though. :)

I hope you enjoy it then. The quotes make for a good read. :D

Correct on the former. I'm stocking up but I can play some of my games on my iGPU very well. In which, of course, I don't own a lot of games to begin with. I only really started using Steam last year.

Ah well it'll pay to stockpile on some well priced quality now, the rest of your system is solid so when you get a GPU the system will come to life in a flurry of great games.

Hope the dog stays healthy and doesn't munch up the bread again. :)

I started around January or so. Whenever that Witcher 1 & 2 sale took place and basically costed $3 to $5 total. As of right now, I'm considering the Far Cry Collection - best deal so far -, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and Castle Crashers. I had my hopes up on DmC: Devil May Cry, but it was selling for about $20 (game + DLC) which is what DmC is selling for anyway or should be selling at. Well, let's hope Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, the Darksiders franchise, and more have great deals. Yay, stockpiling! 

I started around January or so. Whenever that Witcher 1 & 2 sale took place and basically costed $3 to $5 total. As of right now, I'm considering the Far Cry Collection - best deal so far -, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and Castle Crashers. I had my hopes up on DmC: Devil May Cry, but it was selling for about $20 (game + DLC) which is what DmC is selling for anyway or should be selling at. Well, let's hope Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, the Darksiders franchise, and more have great deals. Yay, stockpiling! 

Although the far cry collection looks good, and is cheap, 1 is old, 2 isn't so great (there is also malaria, google it) 3 is good and blood dragon DLC is good.

TBH I'd be wanting to grab just 3 and BD.

Although the far cry collection looks good, and is cheap, 1 is old, 2 isn't so great (there is also malaria, google it) 3 is good and blood dragon DLC is good.

TBH I'd be wanting to grab just 3 and BD.

I never played any of them, so why the hell not? Also, I find it amusing how some games are like $4 off when the current price is $50. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is one of these games. Mirror's Edge has been dropping to $5 a lot lately and not just on Steam, but on Origin, GreenManGaming, and more.

I never played any of them, so why the hell not? Also, I find it amusing how some games are like $4 off when the current price is $50. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is one of these games. Mirror's Edge has been dropping to $5 a lot lately and not just on Steam, but on Origin, GreenManGaming, and more.

Oh if you've never played 'em why not eh, get to experience the trilogy. They all run pretty well on PC, and despite its age Far Cry 1 is a good game.

I've heard good things about the Transformers games, I'm really not into Transformers but I don't think you have to be to enjoy blowing the fecal out of mechs. :)

I have had mirror's edge floating about in my Steam library for probably a couple of years now but haven't got round to even installing it yet, maybe I should...

Oh if you've never played 'em why not eh, get to experience the trilogy. They all run pretty well on PC, and despite its age Far Cry 1 is a good game.

I've heard good things about the Transformers games, I'm really not into Transformers but I don't think you have to be to enjoy blowing the fecal out of mechs. :)

I have had mirror's edge floating about in my Steam library for probably a couple of years now but haven't got round to even installing it yet, maybe I should...

Well, Mirror's Edge 2 is in development and it's one of the more unique games out currently despite its age. Also, you could try a speed run. 

Just got the Far Cry Franchise Pack for $14.79. I haven't played Far Cry since the original so this is a smoking deal for me. 

Far Cry

Far Cry 2 Fortune's Edition

Far Cry 3 

Far Cry 3 Deluxe Bundle DLC

Far Cry Blood Dragon

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Just got the Far Cry Franchise Pack for $14.79. I haven't played Far Cry since the original so this is a smoking deal for me. 

Far Cry

Far Cry 2 Fortune's Edition

Far Cry 3 

Far Cry 3 Deluxe Bundle DLC

Far Cry Blood Dragon

Really? That's all? I expected better of you, Private! Now you go back on Steam and buy more games this instant, gabendamnit! Are we clear, Private?! I said: ARE WE CLEAR?!

Really? That's all? I expected better of you, Private! Now you go back on Steam and buy more games this instant, gabendamnit! Are we clear, Private?! I said: ARE WE CLEAR?!

This is the appropriate gif for when gaben is displeased with your offering.

Jy2dD.gif

Sir yes sir! 

Fallout Classic Collection now in the library SIR!

Fallout

Fallout 2

Fallout Tactics

I've got $300 set aside just for summer sales, can't blow my wad the first day lol....SIR!

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Sir yes sir! 

Fallout Classic Collection now in the library SIR!

Fallout

Fallout 2

Fallout Tactics

I've got $300 set aside just for summer sales, can't blow my wad the first day lol....SIR!

Keep it up, Private, and I'll promote you to Sergeant.