To 4k or not to 4k

I've looking into 4k panels recently And i'm wondering if I have the horse power to run it. What do you guys think? will i get my money's worth out of 4k? Would i be better off with 1440? or should I save my money for other up grades?

I do a lot of gaming, Media (music-foobar2000, Netflix, Cable TV-media portal, and local content), and some hobbyist level photo editing (Adobe Light Room).
Here is my current setup.

Go for 1440 your setup is perfect for it and won't start to chug for a good while with new games.

Go for 1440p. You can barely tell the difference. I would get a LG 34UM95 if I were you though :)

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Go for 1440p. You can barely tell the difference. I would get a LG 34UM95 if I were you though :)

Yeah if only I had $1400

Wait until 4k monitors become cheaper, then go 4k. Trust me, it's worth the wait :P

Life.exe is missing

ATM be careful as a large number of people(including me) are having issues with AMD cards not be able to do 4k correctly at 60hz(flickering corruption etc.) however this mostly seems to affect r9 290 series so you may be OK with your current rig but due to this I would advise 2k and upgrade in a year.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

First of all nice setup!

If I where you, I currently won't go for 4k because of the expensive 4k displays, also if you want to play the latest games i don't think you can play the games at 60 fps (some of them you do but not all of them; on the highest setting of course :P )

and 1440p is also a nice resolution to play or look at :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87 | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked ACX  2GB | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 | PSU: Corsair Ax760 | STORAGE: 840 Pro 128 & 256GB + WD 1TB Green | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15 | CASE:Corsair 750D | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro (64bit) | Peripherals: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Black) ~ Razer Deathadder 2013 ~ Razer Goliathus Control Edition (Extended) ~ Sennheiser PC360