my wooden pc finally finishd!

wildgg

what if you covered it in the black felt material used for car subwoofer boxes? then u could do an acrylic window maybe? I think it might look kinda cool, like a fusion of different styles. The felt would help with sound dampening too.

"I have not seen everything and anything is possible" - J. Guru

I would personally add some sort of surface finish to it. The current solution works with the Noctua fans though.

looks like it would feel so good

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

what if you covered it in the black felt material used for car subwoofer boxes? then u could do an acrylic window maybe? I think it might look kinda cool, like a fusion of different styles. The felt would help with sound dampening too.

I'd carpet that bad boy :P

Cool concept O.P.

That thing is pretty cool, but wouldn't using wood make it really hot since wood is a insulator?  

That thing is pretty cool, but wouldn't using wood make it really hot since wood is a insulator?  

aslong your airflow is good your fine, still it might be 2-3C hotter then a normal case, but not extreme differences

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

then boom, spontaneous combustion

Because theres obviously pc parts that can reach that high of a temperature to ignite wood

I give you credit for making your own case and putting effort into it, most people just buy a case and its more assemble of a build than customisation like yours.

make sure the ends of the MDF are sealed as fine dust could come from the MDF its self and suck into the fans / components, esentionally it could eat its own self haha.

I think you can get clear UV protective spray that will seal the grain so to speak and make it easy to clean and keep the dust off.

got to love Asus components

also can you do some better photo with higher shutter speed and lower ISO cause my god those photos are blurry and low res :L

This, and also a picture of the overall case please >.> Make a wooden case then no one sees the thing as a whole.

Because theres obviously pc parts that can reach that high of a temperature to ignite wood

Well PSU could explode? But then again my one hasn't done it and I should be running my system on how I am running it

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Dat cable-management doh.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

It needs something to protect the wood, just sharing thoughts, Just a few questions

Can the wood be sanded? as it kinda look like fiber board. 

A coat of wood stain would do wonders

I love the concept but refer wooden accents

Well PSU could explode? But then again my one hasn't done it and I should be running my system on how I am running it

true but then it wouldnt really matter if the case is made of metal or wood.

Plus, PSU quality have gotten much better these days so I wouldn't really worry about it unless you are buying complete "crap" unknowningly without checking the reviews or at least manufacturer.