my wooden pc finally finishd!

wildgg

so i finally completed my custom wooden pc, the only upgrade i want is my gpu but that will have to wait for now.

here are some pictures below with the specs (not best quality i know ,sorry :( )

Before you guys ask, i mounted the H80i pump 90degrees to the left because when i tried to mount the pump in the normal way so you can read ''Corsair'' on the pump, it was so tied to mount i did it like this way you will see on the pictures.

and im not happy with the top case fan atm, i installed this fan when i had a air cooler so it was a better exhaust then. not gonna change it for now.

specs:

Mobo  : Msi Z87-G41 PC MATE

CPU    : Intel core i5-4670k

Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H80i Extreme Edition (pushpull)(Noctua NF-F12)

RAM   : ADATA XPG V2 8GB ''2x4''

GPU   : XFX HD7850 Black Edition

PSU   : Cooler Master B600Watt

HDD  : 500gb hdd 

SDD  : 240gb Crucial M500

Case : Self made, pictures Below.

CaseFan's: The Corsair fans that came with the H80i, i know they are not the best case fan's but they do their job.

LED  : Blue LED strips

Software: Windows 7

idle temps

303l6xt.jpg

34yzb7c.jpg

e71iky.jpg

aew174.jpg

33kqjko.jpg

9gvskz.jpg

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

Blunt honesty, the case looks like shit (in my own opinion) but the concept is really cool and I dig the project.

Be carful not to put that near a fire @wildthing. ;):P

Other than that, tis kinda cool but a tad ugly at the same time, sorry. :(

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Epic concept! Keep it up!

Sorry for terrible English, I'm Norwegian   :D

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz | Motherboard: Old MSI Thing | RAM: 2x4GB | GPU: Old Nvidia 8800 GT Card | Case: Old Antex Thing THAT IS F*CKING luod! | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO + 2x 80GB Western Digital | PSU: Old Blonze Plus 500W | Cooling: Stock Fans
CPU: | Motherboard: | RAM: A | GPU: | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White | Storage: A | PSU: | Cooling: A
Headphones: HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset | Speakers: Logitech Speaker System Z323
Displays: 2x BenQ 24" LED GL2450HE (on a AX Double Monitor Stand (AXM4100) | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 + Razer Manticor (and sometimes Corsair MM600)
Old/Reserve Pheripherals: SteelSeries Frost Blue Gaming Gear (Headset, Mousepad and Mouse) Webcam: Micosoft LiveCam Studio Business | Consoles: Wii + Play Station 3 + Play Station 4

Very nice product, consider painting it to make it look better (I like it as is too, but as it is I think some black lucid paint would improve it).

What are the thermals like in a wooden case? Does it get much hotter than normal or is the difference not very noticeable?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Needs more laminate.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

That's a very clean build, wooden case looks amazing. You might want to add some dust filters in front of intakes though.

The cutting looks pretty bad and uneven but I admire what you did here with this project.  I think for a wood case though I "WOOD" have used a different kind of wood.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Very nice product, consider painting it to make it look better (I like it as is too, but as it is I think some black lucid paint would improve it).

What are the thermals like in a wooden case? Does it get much hotter than normal or is the difference not very noticeable?

I want to know this too.

The cutting looks pretty bad and uneven but I admire what you did here with this project.  I think for a wood case though I "WOOD" have used a different kind of wood.

Yeah, I would've use a different kind if wood also. When I first saw his thread I thought it was going look a bit different then it is.

With a wooden case at least he can make it sized to fit whatever he wants.

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

i would say it's not noticeable , aslong the airflow is good.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

I think you have done a great job making the case but you have used really shitty wood for it. You desperately need some wood vinyl to make it look like proper wood and not that particle board shit.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I think you have done a great job making the case but you have used really shitty wood for it. You desperately need some wood vinyl to make it look like proper wood and not that particle board shit.

that is personal taste i gues, it's MDF btw, i like the looks of MDF wood :P

Calling MDF wood is a bit of a stretch but it is a material that dampens sound quite well and, in fact, color-coordinates really well with standard Noctua fans. I'm doing a similar project btw. I'm toying with the idea of leaving the inside unpainted as well for Noctua fans in the future, if and when I can afford them. I like your design very much. How do you bend MDF btw?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

so i finally completed my custom wooden pc, the only upgrade i want is my gpu but that will have to wait for now.

here are some pictures below with the specs (not best quality i know ,sorry :( )

Before you guys ask, i mounted the H80i pump 90degrees to the left because when i tried to mount the pump in the normal way so you can read ''Corsair'' on the pump, it was so tied to mount i did it like this way you will see on the pictures.

and im not happy with the top case fan atm, i installed this fan when i had a air cooler so it was a better exhaust then. not gonna change it for now.

specs:

Mobo  : Msi Z87-G41 PC MATE

CPU    : Intel core i5-4670k

Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H80i Extreme Edition (pushpull)(Noctua NF-F12)

RAM   : ADATA XPG V2 8GB ''2x4''

GPU   : XFX HD7850 Black Edition

PSU   : Cooler Master B600Watt

HDD  : 500gb hdd 

SDD  : 240gb Crucial M500

Case : Self made, pictures Below.

CaseFan's: The Corsair fans that came with the H80i, i know they are not the best case fan's but they do their job.

LED  : Blue LED strips

Software: Windows 7

idle temps

303l6xt.jpg

34yzb7c.jpg

e71iky.jpg

aew174.jpg

33kqjko.jpg

9gvskz.jpg

please change the spec text to auto case it is all black for me and i can't see it thanks

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

also can you do some better photo with higher shutter speed and lower ISO cause my god those photos are blurry and low res :L

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Calling MDF wood is a bit of a stretch but it is a material that dampens sound quite well and, in fact, color-coordinates really well with standard Noctua fans. I'm doing a similar project btw. I'm toying with the idea of leaving the inside unpainted as well for Noctua fans in the future, if and when I can afford them. I like your design very much. How do you bend MDF btw?

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i326/Sondre_Tveit/Stereo/IMAG0370.jpg

That's not what I expected but a very nice way of doing it!

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

then boom, spontaneous combustion 

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8