Corsair Hydro Series - H100i vs H75

Hi LTT Community,

I've got a bit of a conundrum with deciding, out of the two mentioned, which CPU water cooler I should go with. I'll mostly be doing video editing and if you have a look at my planned build in my sig you'll see that I have the i7 4790 listed and as such I don't believe that I necessarily need the bigger H100i (even though summers here in Australia in Sydney can reach up to 40°c (104°F)). The difference in the efficiency between them is 22CFM.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

H60 is fine, you will be running the CPU at stock speeds so even a Hyper 212 Evo is fine for that.

H60 is fine, you will be running the CPU at stock speeds so even a Hyper 212 Evo is fine for that.

Yeah, that's what I reckon. However some other Aussie recommended I go for the H100i basically because of the hot summers here in Aus.

Yeah, that's what I reckon. However some other Aussie recommended I go for the H100i basically because of the hot summers here in Aus.

You don't need a 240MM rad for a stockspeed CPU, even if the ambient temperature is 35 degrees celcius.

Any AIO or CPU cooler will be as good as the ambient temps it has to work with anyway.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Thanks for your help guys. :)

Any AIO or CPU cooler will be as good as the ambient temps it has to work with anyway.

Shaqo is right, if the ambient temperature is 40°C, then it doesn't matter if it is a H70 or H100i, cause water will be warmer in both ways.

Workstation: Intel Core i7-4790K@Corsair H100i; Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI; 16GB Crucial Sport 1600Mhz; MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk; Enthoo Evolv ITX; Samsung 840 Pro; Eizo Foris FS2333 / FG2421 | HTPC Bedroom: XBox One S | HTPC Livingroom: Intel NUC DN2820; Transcend 32GB SSD; 4GB Crucial Sport 1600Mhz running Openelec | Homeserver: Intel Core i3-4150@Prolimatech Samuel 17; MSI H97I AC; 16GB Crucial Sport 1600Mhz; Lian Li PC-Q35A noise dampened; 4x3TB WD Red Raid 5 on LSI 9260-4i running Server 2012 Essentials saved by a APC Back-UPS RS 550GI