Should I mount as many fans on as possible?

FalzarPMU

9mi8w.jpg

HAHAAHA

HP 15-BA021AX - 2.3GHz AMD A10-9600P processor - 4GB DDR4 RAM - 1TB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive - 15.6-inch screen, AMD Radeon R7 M440 2GB Graphics - Windows 10

This setup works real well in my 550D.... Three 120mm intakes and one 140mm pulling air out the back. :)

sg74.jpg

What's the distance between ground & the bottom fan?

HP 15-BA021AX - 2.3GHz AMD A10-9600P processor - 4GB DDR4 RAM - 1TB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive - 15.6-inch screen, AMD Radeon R7 M440 2GB Graphics - Windows 10

What's the distance between ground & the bottom fan?

About 15mm from bottom of case to the desktop... all fans are at 850RPM and you can feel a good amount of cool air coming through the fan on the bottom of case and with the two front fans i have just a bit positive air flow...

@tmcclelland455

Would this set up work -

1 rear pushing out gross hot air

2 front pushing in fresh air

2 top pushing out the gross hot air

2 bottom pushing in fresh air

inside of a 450d

i7 3770 w/ stock cooler - 16 gigs of 1600 mhz ram - AMD Radeon 7770 from Asus - P8H77-M mobo - no name 400w psu - 3000 GB HDD - 128 GB Sandisk SSD all housed in a matte black/red H440

thanks and have fun

@tmcclelland455

Would this set up work -

1 rear pushing out gross hot air

2 front pushing in fresh air

2 top pushing out the gross hot air

2 bottom pushing in fresh air

inside of a 450d

Yes, this is the classic (apart from bottom fans) way to do it.

The standard airflow is intake from the front and exhaust from back and top, as you did.

The two bottom fans are an exaggeration imho. Try without them first if you have enough fans. If you have already bought them, then put them too but they do not seem that necessary to me.

This Might sound stupid but, What's the difference between Positive and a Negative Pressure?

And is fan control a Necessity in a PC build? 

I Love Dogs and Video Editing

This Might sound stupid but, What's the difference between Positive and a Negative Pressure?

positive pressure means air is being pushed out in the gaps or holes in the case, preventing dust from seeping in.

negative pressure means air is being sucked in through the gaps or holes in the case, causing dust to seep in.

for positive pressure to work, you need to have filtered intakes. that way it prevents dust from building up in your case.

a fan control is not a must.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Yup, that should work great.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Pretty much what has been already said.

Positive will help you keeping the case cleaner, negative will improve the amount of heat exhausted which is very handy if you have an axial fan GPU (because its hot air will stay inside of the case, rather than getting out as with radial fan).

Remember that having many meshes will make it harder to achieve positive pressure (radial fan GPU will also make it harder).

Dust filters are a must, regardless of the pressure type. It's worth a note that if your case fans has a very poor static pressure, dust filter will stop a lot of airflow.

If you plan to add filters, consider your current case fans static pressure (or if you are planning to change fans and you have filters, keep and on static pressure too and not just the airflow).

About 15mm from bottom of case to the desktop... all fans are at 850RPM and you can feel a good amount of cool air coming through the fan on the bottom of case and with the two front fans i have just a bit positive air flow...

I highly recommend to put both of your HDDs in the bottom cage and remove the top one, so at least one front fan will blow air in the case. Right now you are basically wasting 2 Noctuas there :/

I highly recommend to put both of your HDDs in the bottom cage and remove the top one, so at least one front fan will blow air in the case. Right now you are basically wasting 2 Noctuas there :/

Thing is... there are 2 HDD's and a Samsung pro SSD there and i will be adding another SSD soon as the top SSD and 1tb HDD are for windows 8.1 and the SSD i am getting is to replace a bad one i had and the 1tb HDD in the bottom cage is for Mac OSX... Dual boot...

And i have great temp's anyway...  I have a De-Lidded 3570K running at 4.4Ghz with 26C Idle and 48C Full load (Aida 64)  ;)

Thing is... there are 2 HDD's and a Samsung pro SSD there and i will be adding another SSD soon as the top SSD and 1tb HDD are for windows 8.1 and the SSD i am getting is to replace a bad one i had and the 1tb HDD in the bottom cage is for Mac OSX... Dual boot...

And i have great temp's anyway...  I have a De-Lidded 3570K running at 4.4Ghz with 26C Idle and 48C Full load (Aida 64)  ;)

Lot of drives in there xD Well, mine was just a tip but it seems like you're fine :) (probably that bottom fan compensate that :o )

SO hello all im new here and i wont  your opinion for my cooling setup:

case:HAF922 with alot of fans just answer me thet i make this exactly?

on the front 2x200mm with 700rmp push in the case

top 2x120mm with 1600rmp blow out from case

rear 1x120 1300rmp blow out from case

side 2x120mm 1300rmp push in the case

and my cooler is HYPER EVO 212 WITH 2X120MM WITH 2000RMP PUSH AND POOL CONFIG!!!!!

my CPU IS AMD FX8320 is overclocked on 4.67mxz and my temp on idle is 25-30C on load my temp are 60C!!!!!!

so i just wont to know thet my coolng sistem is accurately set!!!!!!

tnx!!!!!!

http://valid.canardpc.com/v3ppyk

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/3e7zf/

SO hello all im new here and i wont  your opinion for my cooling setup:

case:HAF922 with alot of fans just answer me thet i make this exactly?

on the front 2x200mm with 700rmp push in the case

top 2x120mm with 1600rmp blow out from case

rear 1x120 1300rmp blow out from case

side 2x120mm 1300rmp push in the case

and my cooler is HYPER EVO 212 WITH 2X120MM WITH 2000RMP PUSH AND POOL CONFIG!!!!!

my CPU IS AMD FX8320 is overclocked on 4.67mxz and my temp on idle is 25-30C on load my temp are 60C!!!!!!

so i just wont to know thet my coolng sistem is accurately set!!!!!!

tnx!!!!!!

http://valid.canardpc.com/v3ppyk

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/3e7zf/

Well, I don't know if you have modded your case, but HAF922 has one (not two) front 200mm fan (correct me if wrong).

The overall config is good but I highly suggest to use PWM fans with a PWM mobo OR a fan controller if you are using 3-pin fans.

The suggestion is based on the fact that you have many fans and all of them together are very loud. Controlling their speed (to lower it when not needed) would be a nice improvement.

Well, I don't know if you have modded your case, but HAF922 has one (not two) front 200mm fan (correct me if wrong).

The overall config is good but I highly suggest to use PWM fans with a PWM mobo OR a fan controller if you are using 3-pin fans.

The suggestion is based on the fact that you have many fans and all of them together are very loud. Controlling their speed (to lower it when not needed) would be a nice improvement.

i mount my self 1more fan 200mm on front  i use alsute ll for  fan control and its not loud i using stantard speed from fans