T-Virus reservoir [Question]

so I've been looking around for a res and i really like the t-virus, but i noticed it uses a cathode tube to give that glowing effect, and i know that cathodes get dimmer by time and end up giving a really sloppy lighting or glowing effect..plus i really don't want an Inverter stuffed in my case..

so i was wondering if i could replace the cathode with maybe some led's placed into a frosted plastic tube to replicate the glowing lighting with comes from the cathode?

and if not what other good looking reservoirs are out there, if i am missing any?

I Listen. i Observe. I Learn. I make my own decision 

Bitfenix has some Alchemy LED strips that are water resistant to put inside resevoirs :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The only way I can see this being done (as a T-Virus owner) is removing the center tube getting it blasted/frosted like you've suggested and then building in a LED string as you've suggested however you would need to wire it up yourself using individual LED's I dont think using a strip of LED's would 1. fit and 2. look good as they are directional.

2 words. EL Wire. Nuff Said?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs