Gran Turismo 6 Preview

blknight88

yes yes yes!!! this is the only reason i was considering a PS3 for this game!! 

GT5 was the reason i got a PS3... until it melted the PS4.. got it replaced(at my expense).. and the PS4 melted again(with my copy of GT5 inside)

went thru 9 kinds of hell and months of waiting... never again will i buy a console

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

GT5 was the reason i got a PS3... until it melted the PS4.. got it replaced(at my expense).. and the PS4 melted again(with my copy of GT5 inside)

went thru 9 kinds of hell and months of waiting... never again will i buy a console

Its coming to PC though :D

Its coming to PC though :D

WHAT! HAHAHA

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

did i say PS4 up there? i meanst PS3

and PC is out of the question..not going to happen..its entiurely different code.. and they will do a terrible port if they even attempt it

Cookie Cutter Build log

I didn't see where the game was going to be released for PC.  I saw:

Multi Device Compatibility
• PlayStation®
• Smart Phone
• Tablet
• PC 

At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the “Real Driving Simulator” launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo’s massive community space.

How I read this is:  You can use your web browser to view your cars and manage replay files online.  In other words, something like Halo 3 community features.

I'll also comment on my personal experience with GT5.  In summary: the game sucked.  Sure the physics may have been great, lots of cars, features, and all that.  However, when the game was initially revealed many years ago, we were led to believe the game would have 40 cars on the track at once.  I know that the first reveal was probably CGI video, but it was the way they were presenting and revealing the game.

Fast-forward to the actual release.  The game had the worst shadows you can imagine, and there were building pop-ins in the distance, only 6-8 opponents, I believe, and the worst offender of all: V-Sync Tearing!!

Turn a corner at a hair-pin somewhere on the track where the frustum culling is not optimal (screen viewport is processing two portions of the track at the same time).  This is where you get most of your V-Sync Tearing.  I've played many PC racers in the time I was waiting for GT5, and they all ended up being better that GT5 (mostly on the technology side, which I am very sensitive to, as I am a game programmer myself).

way back in the times of ps one used to be my favourite racing game_damn these guys worked there graphics well

I really hope that they make a PC version!

The only reason why I bought a PS3 was to play GT5 (and watch blu-rays and stream Netflix).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I only had a PS3 for GT5 almost finished, when my friend decided to sell it... (well basically it was his, but it was mine as in it was in my house all the time.). But still I don't think GT6 would ever join the PC... It's one of those games that make people want a PS3(/4).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Would have been much happier if they announced they were doing it for the PS4 on the x86 platform.

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Big fan of the series, GT5 was pretty great so this one should be awesome.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

If u actually watch the trailer .. The logo at the end says "Only on Playstation".

Can't be sure what we will see on PC but it won't be the actual game.

Cookie Cutter Build log