Dreamhack HYPE! who do u think will win? [CS]

so who do u guys think will win dreamhack summer 2014? personally i am a NiP fan so i am going to say NiP xD

I'd say proabaly a team ;)

several people.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Team lol

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

shame that even on an offline tournament there are connection issues.

I'm thinking Virtus.pro might take this one, they are a pretty solid team

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

This has to be imo, the most unpredictable tournament so far.

I'll lay my thoughts on this. (no spoilers hopefully xD)

Top contenders to take the title are your typical 3, NiP, Titan, VP. Fnatic, havent seen them play well since dreamhack winter, so i dont expect them to win at all. Navi might also be a contender coming out of Starladder with such an impressive win against the top teams, likely this tournament will tell the tale of whether Starladder was a fluke and they become another Clan-Mystik back then when they won ESWC against VG or another Fnatic where after they won DHW13 they been really on the board.

I would like NiP to take the title, standard fan boy procedure as usual.

Realistically, I have a strong feeling it might be a NiP vs VP finals, if not either NiP or VP vs Navi in the finals. Titan probably will get knocked out towards the quarterfinals. Probably going to be a close match either way.

[WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD]

NiP have been playing pretty ok, losing a few key online leagues such as faceit really showed they werent on top form. They did bootcamp a week before Dreamhack summer, so i can only assume they will be in good shape to play. Their main contenders at this point seem like either Navi or VP. Titan arent really in the mix considering the last time they faced off, NiP did play well against them on Nuke or something (can't exactly remember). Vs VP officially they have won maps against them after VP's stomping at EMS One Katowice so I think they will be alright against them. VP has been a team consistently giving NiP issues. I don't think i've seen Navi play an official match vs NiP so its going to be hard to tell how they will match up if they do face. I believe NiP will take it against Navi, they are masters of preparation against teams who they have had problems with or have lost to in the past.

NiP did have a shaky group stage almost losing the first map, has happened before, 2nd match was pretty much a stomp. Excited to see how far they can go.

VP, not much to say, really good results in the past few matches, the golden 3 along with snax and byali, insane lineup. I've never seen a team just kick into high gear so quickly before, i personally fear for any team they play against. Then again, losing to NiP and Navi at starladder, plus a super shaky (albeit god like half) in the group stages against SK. Earlier a good showcase of skill against fnatic. Looking strong going into the post group stages. Strong contender for the title of course.

Titan, devastating losses. Pick up of KennyS was quite a shocker to me. Shox was just like a top 3 player and overall when Titan played it just seemed like Shox had that right flair to allow Titan to play their tactical style with the space to do individual plays without revolving too much upon one player. Their current style is now free and open running around KennyS and supporting him. I don't like it, i think it hinges too much on one person. Titan is full of individual stars, i hope they maintain that and while still keeping kennyS free. Its going to be a tough balance. That said, really really shaky group stages for Titan. Losing against HellRaisers was a big blow, it just seemed like a combination of Kenny not carrying the team enough to Hellraisers just hitting all their shots was too much. Good games vs Reason and some other mid level team. If titan pick it up and stomp their next match without kennyS doing most of the work, then will i think they will be able to contend for the title. If not, just quarterfinals. 

Navi and SK are two teams with alot of potential. Im personally interested to see how SK play throughout this tournament and how far Navi can progress.

If you've watched, Fnatic is out. Sure they had a hard group, but the champions of DHW13 and 2nd placers of DHS13, this is a miserable result. With this Fnatic is def not a top tier team anymore. They need to make it to another final or have good consistent top place finishes to be back on the playing board.

What?

--wall of text--

I predict NIP, VP, NAVI and either SK or Titan in the half finals.

SK is a dark horse of the tournament and Titan either plays super good or super medium so anything can happen.

Na'Vi just won a LAN tournament (face-it iirc) and is just an overall good team with great offline tournament experience. Also I am a bit of a fanboy.

NiP and VP have just proven to have consistent results both online and offline and I love the rivalry between them.

Not much of an analysis but just my predictions.

I think Fnatic has a good shot this time around.

they lost to SK... twice.

Titan is my favorite team, but they been off there game ever since kennyS joined. 

That being said, it's going to be NiP vs Virtus.pro again at the grands.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Titan is my favorite team, but they been off there game ever since kennyS joined. 

Which is funny because Clan Mystik (now Epsilon), the team kennyS used to play for, was called the most inconsistent team. And Titan used to take games very consistently. Now that they swapped Shox with kennyS, it's the other way around. :D

Might be because of kennyS's aggressive playstyle with AWP and rifles.

they lost to SK... twice.

That being said, it's going to be NiP vs Virtus.pro again at the grands.

That was just before tournament prediction, at the bottom i did state that fnatic's loss to SK was unexpected to some degree. Didn't want to spoil it so early on.

Which is funny because Clan Mystik (now Epsilon), the team kennyS used to play for, was called the most inconsistent team. And Titan used to take games very consistently. Now that they swapped Shox with kennyS, it's the other way around. :D

Might be because of kennyS's aggressive playstyle with AWP and rifles.

Haha! Nice linking.

I'm still thinking they shouldnt always center the entire team around him, its too little room to work around.

What?

That was just before tournament prediction, at the bottom i did state that fnatic's loss to SK was unexpected to some degree. Didn't want to spoil it so early on.

Haha! Nice linking.

I'm still thinking they shouldnt always center the entire team around him, its too little room to work around.

"A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link" that being said, AWPer is the most important role, and KennyS isn't really playing it well in my opinion

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

"A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link" that being said, AWPer is the most important role, and KennyS isn't really playing it well in my opinion

He is alright imo, but against teams like HR or even VP, he is probably going to get outclassed because of how good their rifles are. The match against NiP is on atm, will see how that goes.

What?

Your mom will win.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Hoping for Titan to win :P 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Hoping for Titan to win :P

sorry to be the one to tell, but they already lost to NiP and are knocked out of the tournament

sorry to be the one to tell, but they already lost to NiP and are knocked out of the tournament

wow i didnt even realize. lol 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Her0 hopefully. Last match before the finals to face Teaja.

http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhacksc2

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

Her0 hopefully. Last match before the finals to face Teaja.

http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhacksc2

Wrong thread mate.

On a side note, Taeja undefeated is amazing. Not sure how HerO will play.

On another side note. HOLY hell NiP and Friberg on that last round vs HellRaisers. Insane insane aiming. Excited for the finals!

What?