is it bad to update h100i?

I updated my H100i because it said there was a new firmware update and I like keeping stuff up to date. After the update, my CPU jumped up to 50+ degrees C. I waited 1 hour to see if it would go down but it didn't. I got worried and I switch to an old air cooler I had. Was it a bad idea to update and should I contact support for it? Do you guys ever update it?

Maybe the update messed with fan profiles and now defaults them to lower speeds? Anything is possible.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Maybe the update messed with fan profiles and now defaults them to lower speeds? Anything is possible.

I forgot to mention that I checked the fans and they were running at the same speed as before

I don't see a reason for the temperatures to be different then. 

Maybe your room got hotter? Summer etc.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Are you sure nothing is running? Completely at idle?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't see a reason for the temperatures to be different then. 

Maybe your room got hotter? Summer etc.

But that doesn't explain why it was lower before the update. I'll try using it again later today

Are you sure nothing is running? Completely at idle?

Not Idle, using chrome with about 10 tabs. Before it was about 45 degrees

The post with the update says to not update the firmware if everything is working correctly. Try reverting to the v1.05 update and see if temps go back down. Also have you checked the pump speed in corsair link?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The post with the update says to not update the firmware if everything is working correctly. Try reverting to the v1.05 update and see if temps go back down. Also have you checked the pump speed in corsair link?

I'm not sure what the post is that you're talking about but corsair link told me there was a firmware update. The pump speed was about 2200 as usual but Link kept crashing after I checked it once so maybe it went down, maybe it didn't

I'm not sure what the post is that you're talking about but corsair link told me there was a firmware update. The pump speed was about 2200 as usual but Link kept crashing after I checked it once so maybe it went down, maybe it didn't

This post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118867

This is the original firmware that has been on all H100/80i for the past few years: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=115836

Spoiler

Pump speed is probably lower...raise it..

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627