How to properly update GeForce drivers?

Ianesz

I'm currently using 331.82 drivers, and having heard the latest 337.88 have brought significant improvements, i've decided i should probably update. So I was wondering what's the current generally accepted pratice when doing so. Are various 3rd party driver removers still reccomended? Or just uninstall current, restart PC and install new ones?

i5 4670K | CM V6GT | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | Corsair 2x4GB Vengeance 1866 | MSI GTX 770 using 376.53 driver | Corsair HX850 Gold | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | ASUS Xonar Essence ST | Dell U2412M 1920x1200 | Windows 10 x64

Uninstall through Windows Control Panel and download the drivers from Nvidia.com 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

geforce experience, their own software to optimize your games and keep your drivers up to date and give you access to other features

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

uninstall your current driver then go to nvidia wesbite and install the driver from there

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Geforce experience is complete garbage for configuring games.

You could have a Titan-Z and it will still tell you to turn things down.

There is this if you want to do a clean reinstall of your drivers.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379506

Configuring games is optional abd experience does a good job at keeping yourr drivers up to date

You don't have to go overboard unless you experience glitches after after a new driver install.

With AMD drivers, I simply roll over the old ones now. Sometimes I control panel > uninstall , delete from device manager, delete amd folder.

If I really feel like wasting time, I'll use driversweeper/fusionX in safe mode, install in safe mode along with the rest. Most is being anal.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

With the new Windows driver model, all you need to do is install the drivers over the old one.

If things does screw up, it should not, but in the case there is, when you install the Nvidia drivers, and you go under Advanced, you'll have the option to do a Clean Install. Check it.

It will detect everything there is now, including its drivers settings, and remove everything, and once done, install the drivers.

My recommendation is:

-> Don't install what you dont' need. Menaing you go under Advanced, and you check all the Nvidia 3D stuff that you most likelly don't have, and even the Updater. GeFroce experience is up to you to keep or not. I like things ultra clean and also don't use it, so I don't install it.