Doing a build based on treecko

AMD 7850K

ASRock Extreme 4+

Corsair CX600

Kingston Beast 2x4GB 2400Mhz

Kingston Hyperx 3k 120GB

500GB WD Green

NZXT H440 Microcenter edition

I built the main parts of the computer a few weeks ago and put it in the old Pentium II era case.

Pulled the computer out and worked on getting it in the H440

post-40065-0-58003600-1402631248_thumb.j

Big fan of Pokemon eh? This will be interesting.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

had a fight with the 24 pin, after 20 minutes and a scratch in my case it finally clipped in. covered up the scratch with sharpie until I find a paint that blends in properly. 

giXcEtk.jpg

got it working, tomorrow I'm gonna measure how much sleeving I will need as I will only do enough to go behind the mobo tray (I'm cheap and it wont be seen with the PSU cover)

planing on doing a 2 bright green, 2 dark green, a yellow and a red mirrored on the 24 pin and the 2 shades of green on the 8 pin, idk about the 6+2's yet

5oRtMcp.jpg

decided to wait until I get a video card for sleeving so I can estimate how much I need for PCI power cables, same with water cooling to make the loop easier and I'll have more room in the basement without the extra bundles of cables there. 

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the green NZXT LED strips (not the HUE) as they are longer (1 or 2 meters) compared to the Bitfenix Alchemy strips. 

I'm on edge on getting a 280X now since it is on sale at NCIX or a Wii U for me and my girlfriend. I need to double check that it uses a stock PCB or a custom one cause waterblock compatibility 

Found an issue with the plastic accent trim on the H440. The Power LED shines through the plastic trim 

IaHfDsG.jpg

A little electrical tape fixes this

o1oxf4M.jpg

better BbV3DYi.jpg

post-40065-0-07905500-1402255080_thumb.j

I will also do a custom decal based off of this ^ using a Silhouette Cameo cutter example (My Mother wont mind me "borrowing" it)

I'll place it on the window or on the front face of the case

post-40065-0-07905500-1402255080_thumb.j

also getting paint for my Kingston beast RAM, I'll do green on the top fins and maybe red and yellow on the sides and middle. I dont want to cover the sticker and branding 

kingston_hyperx_beast_16gb_ddr32400_cl11

I did think about going for a retro 90's look but noise and the power supply didn't fit so it was set on top of the case

Got a used r9 290 for $250 - used for coin mining of course but I'm not worried as I don't have enough pixels to push this card to its limit, and wont get new screens until 4k monitors come down to a price where I can get three at once, by then I could upgrade to a new GPU that can handle 4k eyefinity in Battlefield.

it was this or a 260X

Cool build, love that color green! And it looks like your cat really wants to be apart of the picture taking. lol

You should laser etch Treeko on the glass! :P  jk

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

and Installed just before the WAN Show (the color is off on my iPhone 4s camera, blaming iOS 8 Beta)

Looks great! Get a better cooler for that CPU, it deserves it and you will enjoy the lower temperatures and the silence

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Cool build, love that color green! And it looks like your cat really wants to be apart of the picture taking. lol

You should laser etch Treeko on the glass! :P  jk

I will be doing a custom cut vinyl outline of treecko and put it on the inside of the glass (its actually just plastic) so the lighter green shines through the outline 

Looks great! Get a better cooler for that CPU, it deserves it and you will enjoy the lower temperatures and the silence

Will be doing a water loop

Working on the window decal 

1aa377a6c09805b93851c5dada9ae576.png

Yes! That would look awesome! I can't wait to see it on the plastic/ window. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I have the decal ready to be cut, will probably do that tomorrow. My used R9 290 arrived from Michigan today and got it installed, the only sacrifice was the front USB 3.0 header, I will look for a low profile adapter that will make the front USB 3 header fit behind the video card. I am also running the computer with the front off to help airflow as it is getting hotter here. 

ox3EUPg.jpg

YplnOo8.jpg

Now I need to measure and calculate how much sleeving I will need

helped a friend build a new computer today with a lot of the same parts I have, a mATX version of my mobo so he can put it in a smaller case later for LAN parties, and Gskill 2400mhz RAM because it happened to be the cheapest 2400Mhz RAM at the time. 

Here are some horror photos of what happens if a computer has never been cleaned in the ~10 years of its life

Even after blowing out most of the dust there was so much on the CPU heat sink that you can't see the fins of the heatsink

DUQzEv2.jpg

And the best Part, The CPU came out with the heat sink and is still stuck on. I couldn't even twist it off

F3BFFKA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to measuring the amount of cable sleeving and calulating the cost (steam sales got in the way). I'll  be using 10' Green, 10' UV Green, 3' Yellow, 6' Red. it be around $17 for all the sleeving and another $10 for the pin removal tool and a dollar or two for heat shrink

Hopefully I can get a job but it is hard to find openings right now as I will need to save some more money for the Water Loop