SwiftKey google account? Worth it?

TeamTactical

So SwiftKey asked me to sign in with my google account so it can analyse my emails and communications to provide a more accurate language set for me.

Sounds kinda invasive.

Has anyone else here done it? What do you think?

I've done it. You don't have to have it analyze your google account. You can do it based of just SMS (which I do). And yes IMO, it is worth it.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

If I remember correctly, it pulls words from your emails to help predict texts. Personally, the type of language I use in emails would be useless for this purpose anyway, not even considering the invasive nature of it.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

I've done it. You don't have to have it analyze your google account. You can do it based of just SMS (which I do). And yes IMO, it is worth it.

I do the same. SMS only.

Sounds kinda invasive.

What do you have to hide?

obama-funny-smile.jpg

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Done it, works fine, it just uses the info to learn from your google+ posts and gmail emails what words and things you use often and how you type. 

I don't know why people try to stay private so hard nothing is private today the best practice I could do in today's world is just keep what is private in my own brain and not anywhere digital.