Which GTX Titan Black?

Go to solution Solved by JAKEBAB,

get the cheapest the awesome evga warranty doesnt even apply to you because your not in the USA or Canada you will just get the regular 1 year or whatever it is like any other company.

Hey guys,
I need a strong compute card, but would like to game at the same time. I was looking at the Titan Black since it is the best option at the moment (aside from the Z...which I don't really need).

For the Titan black, there are several options.

EVGA, MSI,Asus, and Gigabyte.

Gigabyte has the OC gigaherz but it's around $150 more than the standard ones in Taiwan.

I don't know which one to pick. Please help!

EVGA for the warranty

and why you need the Titan Black for?

what program you are running?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Hey guys,

I need a strong compute card, but would like to game at the same time. I was looking at the Titan Black since it is the best option at the moment (aside from the Z...which I don't really need).

Gigabyte has the OC gigaherz but it's around $150 more than the standard ones in Taiwan.

Since nvidia requires them all to be made exactly the same, I would recommend EVGA. EVGA is the #1 nvidia partner, and I've heard nothing but awesome things about their warranties and customer service.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Since nvidia requires them all to be made exactly the same, I would recommend EVGA. EVGA is the #1 nvidia partner, and I've heard nothing but awesome things about their warranties and customer service.

You can mix nvidia cards, this is old and incorrect mate. 

But yeah Evga is boss. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

But yeah Evga is boss. 

He meant no titan black can be made differently. They are all just reference.

And since when can you mix a 770 and a 680?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

But yeah Evga is boss. 

He didn't say you can't mix them O.o Just that the Titans have to be made to spec with no variations

But yeah Evga is boss. 

He meant that Nvidia requires EVGA and Gigabyte and such to make the TItan cards ONLY to the reference design. No custom Titan Blacks, and that includes coolers. Though, companies like Gigabyte are sneaky and have Titans that come with an aftermarket cooler that you install yourself.

They're all the same, go with the one with the best warranty.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

go for EVGA 

and also get these parts for the Titan Black

ACX cooler

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-FS-3790-B9

or Hydro Copperblock

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=400-CU-G795-B1

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The EVGA card that the local store offers (can't buy from Amazon or Newegg, don't live in the states), is 1283 bucks... it doesn't specify which of the EVGA Titan black cards but it does list the price as $1288 (price converted from NTD to USD)

and why you need the Titan Black for?

what program you are running?

Autodesk Maya and AutoCAD, as well as some CFD (though CFD doesn't require GPU power that much)

go for EVGA

and also get these parts for the Titan Black

ACX cooler

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-FS-3790-B9

Does the the ACX cooler work with all reference designs? I might not get EVGA because of its low availability in Taiwan.

Autodesk Maya and AutoCAD, as well as some CFD (though CFD doesn't require GPU power that much)

ok but check if the Titan Black is one of the supported GPUs

best to verify with the Autodesk support staff

Does the the ACX cooler work with all reference designs? I might not get EVGA because of its low availability in Taiwan.

not sure

best check with EVGA

Gigabyte GTX Titan Black with windforce will be the closest choice but the windforce cooler can be noisy at max speed

get the cheapest the awesome evga warranty doesnt even apply to you because your not in the USA or Canada you will just get the regular 1 year or whatever it is like any other company.

Yeah, in that case get the cheapest one you can find

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

I checked the EVGA Taiwan website the warranty is 3 years. And they come to pick up your card if you have problems...so that's pretty awesome! I just have to get my hands on one.

He meant no titan black can be made differently. They are all just reference.

And since when can you mix a 770 and a 680?

I thought he meant mix brands, as in evga and msi, not series of cards wtf. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Hey guys,

Gigabyte one looks cool, with it's build it yourself cooler, its pretty neat, non-reference cooler = good, i guess, i think is a good choice, but if you dont trust it, you can go EVGA

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

The gigabyte one for comes with there new 600w cooler which cools better and you get to keep standard one

The gigabyte one for comes with there new 600w cooler which cools better and you get to keep standard one

Problem is I'm not sure if it will benefit as  cooling setup is suboptimal. I have the NZXT H440, and needless to say, the upper exhaust is absolutely poor for radiators. There is a 5 degree deficit running with and without the top cover (sigh, I thought H440 would be brilliant for cooling and quietness.... it barely reached the goals of either). Anyways, I have it pushing in air instead of pulling out air because the hot air is blowing next to my knee (very irritating), with the rear single 14mm being an exhaust. There are also 3x 12mm intakes (Cougars) the front but they're also covered, thus the pull air performance is pretty meh. Right now the air within the case is slightly positive.

I'm afraid that having the 3x fan 600w cooler would actually not benefit much because rather than exhausting air out of the case, the Windforce cooler exhausts hot air within the case. Therefore, it is just a cycle of hot air and not as much cool air is pulled in because the upper intake will cool the CPU with the Kraken X60 (which till TODAY, I still can't get the CPU Fan Error message resolved) .

Nevertheless, I'm sure that the Windforce cooler would keep the GPU cooler, I just don't know if it will reach its full potential in my current case. And considering that in my local store, the Windforce DIY edition is sold for an extra 170 bucks, not sure if it is entirely worth it to spend so much more for...5% of performance? (I live in Taiwan, ironically, computer components aren't as cheap as one would think. Yeah for the small things like Arduino components and all, Taiwan stores sell them for next to nothing. But for big components like CPU, GPU, MB, RAM, the prices are equal to Newegg if not more expensive (disappointing too, USA gets preferential treatment in terms of stocking of the products)

The H440 is fantastic for looks, but for cooling? I DO NOT recommend.

Problem is I'm not sure if it will benefit as  cooling setup is suboptimal. I have the NZXT H440, and needless to say, the upper exhaust is absolutely poor for radiators. There is a 5 degree deficit running with and without the top cover (sigh, I thought H440 would be brilliant for cooling and quietness.... it barely reached the goals of either). Anyways, I have it pushing in air instead of pulling out air because the hot air is blowing next to my knee (very irritating), with the rear single 14mm being an exhaust. There are also 3x 12mm intakes (Cougars) the front but they're also covered, thus the pull air performance is pretty meh. Right now the air within the case is slightly positive.

I'm afraid that having the 3x fan 600w cooler would actually not benefit much because rather than exhausting air out of the case, the Windforce cooler exhausts hot air within the case. Therefore, it is just a cycle of hot air and not as much cool air is pulled in because the upper intake will cool the CPU with the Kraken X60 (which till TODAY, I still can't get the CPU Fan Error message resolved) .

Nevertheless, I'm sure that the Windforce cooler would keep the GPU cooler, I just don't know if it will reach its full potential in my current case. And considering that in my local store, the Windforce DIY edition is sold for an extra 170 bucks, not sure if it is entirely worth it to spend so much more for...5% of performance? (I live in Taiwan, ironically, computer components aren't as cheap as one would think. Yeah for the small things like Arduino components and all, Taiwan stores sell them for next to nothing. But for big components like CPU, GPU, MB, RAM, the prices are equal to Newegg if not more expensive (disappointing too, USA gets preferential treatment in terms of stocking of the products)

The H440 is fantastic for looks, but for cooling? I DO NOT recommend.

if you don't have a fan to pull the air out i guess the stock would be better for you but you could just switch your rear fan to suck air out so that when the air is spread out by the cooler it gets sucked out because if your card is cooler it lasts longer for heat is one of the number one contributers to dieing components and a card that expensive you don't want to break.

if you don't have a fan to pull the air out i guess the stock would be better for you but you could just switch your rear fan to suck air out so that when the air is spread out by the cooler it gets sucked out because if your card is cooler it lasts longer for heat is one of the number one contributers to dieing components and a card that expensive you don't want to break.

Yeah I have the rear exhaust.

Yeah I have the rear exhaust.

should really get windforce then because of benifits already listed in pervious comment

should really get windforce then because of benifits already listed in pervious comment

Haha too late. Bought the reference MSI, was able to overclock decently using a custom fan profile that produced equal temps as stock clock/voltage.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion though! I think a year or two down the line I may purchase an aftermarket fan to get the most out of my card. But in the meantime, the power is more than enough :D